got a little screwed over in the UU marketplace.... wat shud i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotrice415510

Reaction score
so i purchased a used lanikai ck-teq from the market place that was supposed to come with free stings and a case. Everything went super smooth, payed, sent, done. Then i received it and it was a little disappointing. The sound was a little dead and it had buzzes(mainly due to pickup wiring, which i fixed but there are still some at the frets). He advertised that the uke's pickup didnt have the battery tray but that shadow would replace it free. Well shadow's warranty actually requires a reciept. And the "free" set of strings were actually his scrap strings.

Within a couple days when i noticed the scrap strings, i sent him a pm and he said he would replace them, but i didnt want to bother him for just strings so i said forget about it. But i still had the feeling of being screwed over a bit.... Then when i finally went to check the warranty, it said it required the original receipt...:wallbash: and i realized i got screwed over completely. He did say he would look for the receipt, but he let me kno straight up that he may not find it, which i doubt he will either (he said he bought it a couple years ago, wo saves receipts that long anyway?).

Essentially, i paid more than couple hundred for an uke that has a non working pickup, a couple fret buzzes, and it has that saddle problem that those Kala Acacia ukes have making the sound of the uke sound dead....

What should i do? What can i do?

Honestly I'd say that asking for the refund should have come before creating this thread. Trust me, I realize you're upset and feel slighted, and I just dealt with something similar, but I'd say putting it to open forum like this is already pretty much your last resort. Wait and see what happens next, cross one bridge at a time, and if the seller is unresponsive, then post publicly. Hopefully the seller will step up. goodluck

Tell him you are unhappy with the deal and ask how he would prefer you return it. This is a very small community; I would imagine most folks want to do the right thing.

Honestly I'd say that asking for the refund should have come before creating this thread. Trust me, I realize you're upset and feel slighted, and I just dealt with something similar, but I'd say putting it to open forum like this is already pretty much your last resort. Wait and see what happens next, cross one bridge at a time, and if the seller is unresponsive, then post publicly. Hopefully the seller will step up. goodluck
Pretty much bang on. Just ask if you can return it. Unfortunately, all purchases are marked with a "buyer beware" slogan. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

That being said, I am going to close this thread. If you have any concerns after speaking with the seller, please feel free to message me or another mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom