Using Baritone Uke strings for the top 4 of a Classical guitar?

psesinkclee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a set of Baritone Ukulele Strings as the top 4 strings on a classical guitar then just using 2 wound strings from a classical set? I was thinking this could be a way to get a better tone and attack on a classical guitar. Maybe a set of worth clears with harder tension than regular classical guitar sets?

I do not own one, but I'm thinking of getting one for a travel guitar, but I am a happy strummer on guitar and regular classical guitars I've tried in stores seem to be almost slack feeling on the nylon strings b/c of the tension..

Thanks!

Never tried bari uke strings on a classical. But if you wanted higher tension, there are a lot of different kinds of classical strings for that. I have Thomastik rope cores on my Ramirez right now. They are bright, almost acoustic steel sounding at times. Definitely good for clear tone and attack. Someone recommended that I try Savarez red cards with plastic wound G and B strings... that's what I'm going to try next. They are also high tension strings. Regular classicals in a shop are going to have inexpensive nylon strings on them, and some of those strings can be pretty limp, in my experience.

Top Bottom