PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 2010

molokinirum
01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
It's that time of the year again!! What team do you think will win the Super Bowl??

Me...I am rooting for the New Orleans Saints!!

Enough of Manning, the Colts already have won.

Melissa82
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Why is there no selection for 'I don't care?'

:p

itsme
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM

Yeah, really. :rolleyes:

I'll probably tune in for the halftime show. Since they usually only do like four songs, it will be interesting to see which ones The Who picks. I'm hoping for "I Can See For Miles".

molokinirum
01-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Good Point!! I would add the "I don't care" choice but could not find a way to do it.

pigwig
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm cheering for the Saints this year, out of sentimentality for a friend.

breitlingreplica
01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
For me my vote is all time with saints. I just love their game. I hope that they 'll be the winners.

Ahnko Honu
02-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Come on ladies you have to which it at least for the cool commercials.

I'm going Colts since I ain't a 'aints fan, Colts lesser of 2 evils. I'm a Raiders fan even though they suck. Was hoping for a Vikings win but oh well.

dnewton2
02-01-2010, 06:25 AM
I want the Saints to win so I don't lose any money. Beside that I really don't care. But it should be a pretty high scoring game may come down to the last possesion.

molokinirum
02-02-2010, 05:18 AM

I'm going Colts since I ain't a 'aints fan, Colts lesser of 2 evils. I'm a Raiders fan even though they suck. Was hoping for a Vikings win but oh well.

"ain't a aints fan??? LOL Your teachers must have loved you!!!

RevWill
02-02-2010, 05:23 AM
I predict that all manufacturers of nachos and nacho-related products, hot wings, and beer will be big winners Sunday.

seeso
02-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm really pulling for the Saints to win Sunday. Not only am I a fan of the Saints, but I also detest the Colts. Why?

They beat my Bears in the Super Bowl.
The Colts abandoned their former city in the dead of night.
Peyton Manning. Ew.

On the other side, the Saints have been losers throughout their history. Now that's something I can relate to. Plus, I've been to the Big Easy a couple of times and I love it there. The food, the music, they can't be beat.

Following Katrina, it would be a great boost for the morale of the city if the Saints win. It may also shine a light on the unfinished task of rebuilding her. Of course, it could have the opposite effect too, but I hope not.

Anyways, GO SAINTS!

RevWill
02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
On the other side, the Saints have been losers throughout their history. Now that's something I can relate to. Plus, I've been to the Big Easy a couple of times and I love it there. The food, the music, they can't be beat.

Following Katrina, it would be a great boost for the morale of the city if the Saints win. It may also shine a light on the unfinished task of rebuilding her. Of course, it could have the opposite effect too, but I hope not.

Anyways, GO SAINTS!

I'm with you there. I'm not a big football fan but I have lots of friends on both sides of this one. The Katrina thing pulls me toward the Saints too.

haolejohn
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm with you there. I'm not a big football fan but I have lots of friends on both sides of this one. The Katrina thing pulls me toward the Saints too.

I guess I'm going against the grain. I like both QBs. I met Brees when he played on Maui at the hula bowl his senior season. very cool guy back then. I love peyton. I'm pulling for the colts. I'm tired of hearing about katrina and that whole story line. I think that new orleans is maybe the most corrupt city in america but maybe one of the most fun ones as well. And I can not stand Bush (hate all things to do with USC). And i'm a Falcons fans and our rival is the aints.

haolejohn
02-02-2010, 04:45 PM
"ain't a aints fan??? LOL Your teachers must have loved you!!!

that is what the aints are called. The aints.

AcousticMonster
02-03-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm really pulling for the Saints to win Sunday. Not only am I a fan of the Saints, but I also detest the Colts. Why?

They beat my Bears in the Super Bowl.
The Colts abandoned their former city in the dead of night.
Peyton Manning. Ew.

Anyways, GO SAINTS!

Pfft...wasn't your fantasy football team heavy on Patriot players? I'm rootin' for the Saints, but just sayin'...

wickedwahine11
02-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I've been to the Big Easy a couple of times and I love it there. The food, the music, they can't be beat. Following Katrina, it would be a great boost for the morale of the city if the Saints win.Anyways, GO SAINTS!

Ditto, New Orleans is a terrific city, and I also always have to root for the underdog, and when the 'Aints have never been, and the Colts just won recently, it is an easy decision. Plus, I'm a girl. Even if all else was equal, I admit it. I like the Saints uniforms better.

And I can not stand Bush (hate all things to do with USC).
And even though I'm mad at him for pushing us further into even more hot water with the NCAA, I did get my undergraduate and graduate degrees at USC. So I have to tell my fellow Trojan Reggie to fight on!'

Go Saints!

seeso
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Pfft...wasn't your fantasy football team heavy on Patriot players? I'm rootin' for the Saints, but just sayin'...

You can not play fantasy football with your heart. Doing so assures defeat.

haolejohn
02-04-2010, 02:05 AM
You can not play fantasy football with your heart. Doing so assures defeat.

I learned that the hard way this year.

dnewton2
02-04-2010, 02:34 AM
So I have to tell my fellow Trojan Reggie to fight on!'

I am willing to bet there is at least one Trojan on the Colts as well.

I am a UT (Tennessee, not Texas) Grad, So I really don't like the Trojans right now, not that I ever really did. But USC will see the Thier HC really is not anything special (but talks like he his), he does bring something special to the table (daddy).

So anyways Go Saints!! (So i don't lose $40)

wickedwahine11
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
I am willing to bet there is at least one Trojan on the Colts as well.

There is...Fili Moala. But I know of Reggie Bush. And Fili Moala is no Reggie Bush. Although, actually, since he got to the pros, Reggie is rarely Reggie Bush. :)

I'm actually more of a Clay Matthews fan but the Packers didn't make it. Matt Leinart was my all time fave Trojan and we know how that turned out. :(

And though I loved Mark Sanchez while he was at 'SC, I absolutely refuse to root for a New York team. I'll die first. (Those Red Sox ties run deep).

molokinirum
02-04-2010, 05:39 AM
This just in.............Madden NFL the predicter of the last 5 out of 6 super bowl winners, played the super bowl and the winner is.......New Orleans Saints by the score of 35 - 31!!!!

Who Dat??? :D:):D

luke'nlele
02-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Okay, since the Ravens are not in it anymore this year, we can get behind the Saints for all the reasons already mentioned above.
The challenge to write an original song for your Superbowl favorite is still on forthis Superbowl 2010 and all futute seasons. This means no expiration date!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Heartstrings2009#p/a/u/0/VXMwlCwan8Y

Post links here:)

luvdat
02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Defintely going for the Colts even though they beat the Jets.

Grew up a Raiders fan in the days of Kenny Stabler and Blanda but with also strong connection to the Jets (1969 Mets/Jets connection, looked down upon teams).

Manning is simply an amazing quarterback who throws the ball with his 6'6" height with a kind of 6'6" whip almost rubbery arm. He's not simply throwing over defenders but more like a kind of odd topspin where it drops down and in.

molokinirum
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Defintely going for the Colts even though they beat the Jets.

Grew up a Raiders fan in the days of Kenny Stabler and Blanda but with also strong connection to the Jets (1969 Mets/Jets connection, looked down upon teams).

Manning is simply an amazing quarterback who throws the ball with his 6'6" height with a kind of 6'6" whip almost rubbery arm. He's not simply throwing over defenders but more like a kind of odd topspin where it drops down and in.

Kenny Stabler aka The Riverboat Gambler! What a great QB, I used to love the Raiders during the Daryl Lamonica era, what a team!! I always have a spot for the Raiders!

kilaana
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh, most definitely the Colts! (But I'm in Indy, so I have to say that). I'm cool with it if the Saints win, too, seeing how it's their first Super Bowl and all.

But all you Mainland uke owners should know that your Indiana ukuleles will be rooting for the Colts!!

sukie
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Bless you Ahnko. 'TWas a bitter loss for us.
I may watch only for the commercials.

lochtessmonster
02-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Amen. The only reason the game will be on (on mute) at my place is because some friends of mine got their song used in the new Dockers commercial that will be airing during the super bowl.

ukulele-antihero86
02-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I just don't see why people call the Saints "underdogs", I think they're evenly matched teams. I just wanna see a close, last second game. If I had to predict a winner...last second, (literally last second) win by Manning to Garcon, I think Manning is just too good at dissecting defenses to get beat in this game.

luke'nlele
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
------2----3----5-----------2----3----5-----------2-----3-----5-----2--------2-----0
3------------------------3---------------------3----------------------------3-----------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh when the Saints Oh when the Saints Oh when the Saints go marching in

-2---0------------2--5--5--5----3-----------------------------------------------------
----------3---3-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord I want to be in that number

---2----3----5-----2-----------0------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------3---------3-------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the Saints go marching in!

Yeah!!

seeso
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Woot! Geaux Saints!

Bratset
02-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Saints! :)
Man, what an awesome game!
Loved that amazing 74-yard touchdown :D

luke'nlele
02-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Did you all catch the uke in the Tebow ad?

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/02/07/tim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-surprisingly-not-controversial/?icid=main|main|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fbackporch.f anhouse.com%2F2010%2F02%2F07%2Ftim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-surprisingly-not-controversial%2F

Bratset
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Did you all catch the uke in the Tebow ad?

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/02/07/tim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-surprisingly-not-controversial/?icid=main|main|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fbackporch.f anhouse.com%2F2010%2F02%2F07%2Ftim-tebow-super-bowl-ad-surprisingly-not-controversial%2F

Nice, thanks for sharing!
I didn't get any adds, the channel that showed it in Norway is state funded and can't show commercial

Jimmy
02-08-2010, 07:41 AM
I stayed up and watched the showing on the BBC. First time I've ever watched American football. I dig it. We didn't get the commercials either, bad times.

We were cheering the Saints, seeing the crazy interception made staying up to 3 on a school night all worth it :D