PDA

View Full Version : Christening Song...

rock_and_roll_camera
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I've just been asked to play uke at my nephew's Christening. I'm honoured and really want to do it but as of yet I'm still not an accomplished player so I'm a bit stuck for ideas. I've got about 2 weeks to get it down, the parents haven't given me requests yet so they may well pick something else, maybe even a hymm but I was considering maybe In my Life by the Beatles if thats not too sad, or Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (but I only think that'd work if I could find somebody to sing?). What do you think?

Juan Sapatos
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
When I'm 64

The Book of Love (Krabbers did a great cover, but I can't find it on youtube).

Plainsong
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Beautiful Boy - John Lennon

johncaudrey
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Replied to this same thread in Uk.lele

rock_and_roll_camera
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
That's a great suggestion PlainSong, don't know why I didn't think of that. It'll be just like Mr Holland's Opus! Think that'd be a great choice if I could find somebody to sing for me but my girlfriend is too shy, I'm rubbish and shy and I don't really know anybody else!?...

Plainsong
01-26-2010, 04:44 AM
If it's one of those songs that's easy to pick and strum, then maybe you don't need a singer. I've never played it myself, I was just thinking it's a ready-made song for such purposes. And remember Mr. Holland didn't sound perfect when he sang it. :D

Monkeyswithladders
01-26-2010, 05:02 AM
"Give Me Some Water" by Eddie Money!

haolejohn
01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
"Give Me Some Water" by Eddie Money!

I don't like to use this term but how religious is your family? "I don't know" by Enter the Worship Circle is a good song.