Christening Song...

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
I've just been asked to play uke at my nephew's Christening. I'm honoured and really want to do it but as of yet I'm still not an accomplished player so I'm a bit stuck for ideas. I've got about 2 weeks to get it down, the parents haven't given me requests yet so they may well pick something else, maybe even a hymm but I was considering maybe In my Life by the Beatles if thats not too sad, or Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (but I only think that'd work if I could find somebody to sing?). What do you think?

When I'm 64

The Book of Love (Krabbers did a great cover, but I can't find it on youtube).

That's a great suggestion PlainSong, don't know why I didn't think of that. It'll be just like Mr Holland's Opus! Think that'd be a great choice if I could find somebody to sing for me but my girlfriend is too shy, I'm rubbish and shy and I don't really know anybody else!?...

If it's one of those songs that's easy to pick and strum, then maybe you don't need a singer. I've never played it myself, I was just thinking it's a ready-made song for such purposes. And remember Mr. Holland didn't sound perfect when he sang it. :D

Top Bottom