I've had one of those days. (Uke involved)

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
So, my phone has been acting funky lately. Nothing horrible, but funky. Well, my phone alarm didn't go off today, so I got a late start. As I got to work my email was blowing up and phone was ringing off the hook because of a problem over the weekend. The day got worse until 4pm- finally a reprieve.

I made it home only to find out that my wife missed the mail man (insert joke here). The problem is my new Pineapple Sunday was the delivery!!! :mad: True, I didn't expect it until about Wednesday as it was mailed from Kauai to South Carolina on Friday, but still. Now that I know it is here and I can't have it until tomorrow upsets me. It's like the final straw of a bad day. I have half a mind to go to bed now (5:50pm local time) just to end a bad day!

At least tomorrow will be better! Oh, and how 'bout the mail?! They take a lot of heat, but Hawaii to SC in 4 days (2 of them weekend days), that is pretty sweet.

Sorry, had to vent. Tomorrow I will be back with a proud post!

Last edited:
Where in SC? Whenever I get back home (Whenever that will be.. sigh), I'm from Summerville. I had a Kanilea go from MGM in Hawaii, to Summerville, to Helsinki... and luckily the extreme cold snap we're going through didn't hurt it.

Just make sure that box is room temp before opening!

I think we all have similar uke stories. Mine are usually that the customs office has it (no big surprise there, anything over €45 goes there... which means EVERYTHING) - but that they close at 5pm, and we have to do this mad dash into central Helsinki, hoping to get there before 5... usually failing, and having to wait the entire next day to try again. If you've been to Charleston, imagine Rivers and Dorchester combined with Downtown, add 3 feet of snow and ice, but twice as much traffic, and that's central Helsinki.

Go ahead and call a mulligan for the day, and go watch some Pineapple Sunday youtube vids! :)

I'm just outside of Greenville. It is a ukulele desert. We have the nations smallest Guitar Center & they carry 3 ukes. Every other music store is like "you want to know about what?" True story- I once found a uke at a pawn shop; it was labeled "children's guitar." However, this gave me an idea... perhaps I can find a gem and the pawn shop will have no clue.

Anyhow, back to point. I just saw that a scientist label the last Monday in January as the most depressing day of the year. People have the post holiday blues, holiday bills are coming due, the weather stinks, and New Years resolutions have failed. I'm not sure if I should be even more depressed because none of those apply to me! ;)

I'm just outside of Greenville. It is a ukulele desert. We have the nations smallest Guitar Center & they carry 3 ukes. Every other music store is like "you want to know about what?" True story- I once found a uke at a pawn shop; it was labeled "children's guitar." However, this gave me an idea... perhaps I can find a gem and the pawn shop will have no clue.

Anyhow, back to point. I just saw that a scientist label the last Monday in January as the most depressing day of the year. People have the post holiday blues, holiday bills are coming due, the weather stinks, and New Years resolutions have failed. I'm not sure if I should be even more depressed because none of those apply to me! ;)

In your area, if Fluke were to put out an orange topped Fluke or Flea with a tiger paw on it, it would sell very well. ;)

It's not quite Ukulele Desert out here. There's a community of very talented players, and even local uke luthiers, but none of the Hawaiian brands. There's only one music store where the guy knows anything about uke, but that's one more than most places have, so par for the course. :)

With that Pineapple Sunday, you're be getting a hell of a uke that should make your jaw drop with how great it is. I've seen one in person, but alas, too many were ohhing and ahhing to get in close enough to play it.

Last edited:
In your area, if Fluke were to put out an orange topped Fluke or Flea with a tiger paw on it, it would sell very well. ;)
That would activate emergency UAS! I would buy one, or both if they put it on the Fluke & Flea! :) I'm an alum- hence my handle.

It's started the gears in my brain turning as well, because you can get custom Flukes and Fleas with any design that can be put on one of their tops. Hmm...

I'm from a Clemson family, but I went to Winthrop because at the time, Clemson didn't have a music major program, and Winthrop's vocal program was strong. I still think about getting my MBA from there though, if the cards fall that way. It was overlooked when compared to the cousin who went to USC. :)

Here in Finland we have one channel that shows NCAA sports, ESPN North America. And they do not show all the games available to them, so we're lucky to see one Clemson game a year... and not the big one either. The trusty radio network is online though.

Friday was that day for me. I'm a teacher and everything was just going WRONG. I was wrapping up a fundraiser and dealing with money in my school district is REALLY stressful and because of that I had a science teacher covering my poor lost and confused English classes....

I had my uke with me though, so I told my kids, "I need a minute to be a human" and I jammed for a few minutes. Made me feel SO much better.

Still was a nightmare, though.

When I am having "one of those days", I remind myself to stop, take a breath and remember that there are millions of people in this world that are having days that make mine look like a day at the beach. We need a little perspective here. After all, you will get to play your Pineapple Sunday tomorrow and for many days to come. Enjoy.

So, my phone has been acting funky lately. Nothing horrible, but funky. Well, my phone alarm didn't go off today, so I got a late start. As I got to work my email was blowing up and phone was ringing off the hook because of a problem over the weekend. The day got worse until 4pm- finally a reprieve.

I made it home only to find out that my wife missed the mail man (insert joke here). The problem is my new Pineapple Sunday was the delivery!!! :mad: True, I didn't expect it until about Wednesday as it was mailed from Kauai to South Carolina on Friday, but still. Now that I know it is here and I can't have it until tomorrow upsets me. It's like the final straw of a bad day. I have half a mind to go to bed now (5:50pm local time) just to end a bad day!

At least tomorrow will be better! Oh, and how 'bout the mail?! They take a lot of heat, but Hawaii to SC in 4 days (2 of them weekend days), that is pretty sweet.

Sorry, had to vent. Tomorrow I will be back with a proud post!

A few years ago I had a sweet Pono koa tenor arriving from MGM via the USPS and missed the mailman because I was in the shower. When I discovered the "attempted delivery" notice I immediately initiated the only solution that any hard core uke fan would consider... I drove around for about 45 minutes till I located the mail truck and then waited another 20 minutes or so until he returned. Problem solved! He had one less package to carry into the Post Office and I was enjoying the new ax pronto!

A 2nd time I had this same situation arrive waiting for yet another purchase from MGM to add to my arsenal but this time I saved a bunch of time by calling the local P.O., explaining the situation, assuring them I was not a terrorist (I am well known to the staff)... and they pinpointed the mailman's location so I could drive directly there and retrieve that bundle of joy!

Anybody else out there done the same??

When I discovered the "attempted delivery" notice I immediately initiated the only solution that any hard core uke fan would consider... I drove around for about 45 minutes till I located the mail truck and then waited another 20 minutes or so until he returned.
Welcome to UU Ragamuffin Music-- or out of the shadows anyway (Joined Feb 2008, but first post?)! I considered going to the Post Office and stopping each truck that was returning since the PO had closed, but the trucks weren't back yet.

Top Bottom