Picks

Here's my 2c. From what i have read, there is a risk of damaging your strings, or ukulele. If you are cool with that, do it! I have an old Makala Uke that is now my travel uke and would have no problem using a pick on it. My home Uke I would have more of a problem with.

If you still would like to use a pick, i have seen many videos of people using leather, or felt picks, and they sound great to me.

On a somewhat side note, I have a friend that plays guitar with picks she makes from gift cards. she likes using them because they have more give. kind of cool if you ask me lol

I've been using plastic guitar picks since I started playing the ukulele (a month ago) and I don't like it all because it makes a clicking sound, but it's better than using the fleshy part of my fingers (I have no nails and they just don't grow, ever, if they do it's really SLOW).
- weird I know.

I will definitely look into buying and trying leather and felt picks very soon. I am just unhappy with the sound quality when using plastic guitar picks, same with my fingers since I don't have nails and it will take like half a year for them to be even close to being past my finger tips.

Aloha Sarah, I don't use a pick but just wanted to welcome you to UU. My great-great grandmother was from Halifax, Nova Scotia and of Scottish decent. Like allot of islanders I'm a mongrel poi-dog but I do know where I come from. :cool:

Top Bottom