Are the forums here too decentralized?

beeejums

Reaction score
Just a thought... we have "uke tech support" where I've seen a few questions go unanswered... and I can't help but wonder if "uke tech support" was still part of "uke talk" if those guys had gotten answers...

I guess it's a little annoying to see the same n00b questions over and over and over and over and over again, only to see them again, but isn't the point to see those questions get answered?

Also,

Sometimes I'm a little afraid to post something in "uke talk" because it might be the kind of question intended for another forum... and I don't want to make the Forum Gods (mods?) angry...

Again, just a thought...

Last edited:
I guess it's a little annoying to see the same n00b questions over and over and over and over and over again, only to see them again, but isn't the point to see those questions get answered?

Sometimes I'm a little afraid to post something in "uke talk" because it might be the kind of question intended for another forum... and I don't want to make the Forum Gods (mods?) angry...

Oh, Beeeeeej........Remember: You don't have to read the threads if you don't want to. I actually like the "nOOb" questions best. I can give them an answer! I'm no expert so sometimes I hesitate to comment on more advanced questions. Sometimes new people don't understand the search function and it's faster to just ask a question than spend all day searching. I ran a search a couple of days ago and only 3 threads popped up. I KNOW what I was searching for is in more than 3 threads. Just remember: We were all new to the ukulele at one time. Cut 'em some slack.

As for posting: Don't be afraid. Can you even make the Mod "Gods" angry? Rayan maybe (just kidding) but no, I don't think anyone gets mad. If it's in the wrong category it'll get moved.

If people didn't post, and UU didn't get new members I wonder how successful it would be?

Beejums, if ya think it's worth posting in the Uke Talk section go for it. If it requires moving to a different forum to get a better response or answer, it'll get moved. I'll try to provide a reasonable explanation for the move and not chastise anyone for posting it in the wrong section. As far as same questions being asked, really nothing can be done about it. A lot more of the newer members jump right in and provide an answer or a link to the answer. I always recommend using the search function and with the search function not up to par, the same type questions will keep popping up. I think we need to update the FAQ, but it's only as good if it's read in the first place. Just my dos centavos.

As far as being decentralized, I think the forums we have now pretty much cover the spectrum. It used to be a bear to find a thread/post when everything was in Uke Talk, you remember that? BTW, I corrected your title.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm new to a forum, I try to find the answers to my questions on my own. I've noticed that I end up reading material that answers unrelated questions and questions that came up later in addition to finding the response I was looking for.

That being said, I'm not against people asking questions.

It's all centralized to me. I just hit the "Today's Posts" link. I don't bother going into all the sub forums.

I wonder if most regulars do that.

That's the way I do it too deach, on all my forums, not just the ones related to the uke. However, I do try to post in the right category for those who are more focused.

It's all centralized to me. I just hit the "Today's Posts" link. I don't bother going into all the sub forums.

I wonder if most regulars do that.

I do this too i never even think about the different sections unless im starting a thread...which rarely happens

I am always hitting "New Posts". Sometimes I go wandering to make sure I didn't miss something interesting. Mostly when I am procrastinating on something else.

All good, valid replies... And fair enough. I won't worry if my question is valid enogh.

And thanks for fixing the title.

I suppose this place is pretty 'decentralized' (I love that term!). What would you expect with forums for video games, television, guitar, guitar videos, sports, and endless crap that is not uke related.

I suppose this place is pretty 'decentralized' (I love that term!). What would you expect with forums for video games, television, guitar, guitar videos, sports, and endless crap that is not uke related.
Wait, there's more to life than uke's?

I don't. Honestly, most of the forums here are not of interest to me. Nothing personal, no criticism intended, but when I'm reading here it's mainly for particular sorts of uke information and discussion, and "Today's Posts" are usually too much noise/signal for what I want. In fact I rather infrequently (maybe every two or three days or so) look outside of Uke Talk.

Top Bottom