New uke arrives!

Fitzy

Reaction score
My Kala KA-MC arrived Monday safe and sound and I could not be happier!

This uke - which is my first - is absolutely stunning, although the attached photos (not a photographer here) don't do it justice. It looks great and plays beautifully. I just can't put it down. There isn't a single blemish in the finish or construction and the intonation is spot on. No buzzes or muddy spots at all.

When I first took it out of the case every string except the A string was in tune. I played it for an hour last night and it stayed in tune the entire time. As for the sound, I don't have anything to compare it with, but it sounds loud and bright to my ears. For a laminate, this ukulele sounds great to me and I am thoroughly satisfied.

A BIG thank you to UU members HaileISela (happy birthday Richard!), Whetu, Lori, Portlandjosh and Wfwhitson for their feedback and advice during my "first uke" buying experience. And, of course, a real BIG thanks to MGM - an absolutely great guy to do business with.

Attachments

• 000_0147.jpg
    000_0147.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 000_0149.jpg
    000_0149.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 000_0143.jpg
    000_0143.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 000_0144.jpg
    000_0144.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 31
Congratulations Fitzy. Enjoy the heck out of your first uke. If you're like most people on this site, it won't be your last:)

BTW, if your ever down the Cape this summer, let me know ahead of time. Maybe we can get together and jam.

Good choice. I have had my KA-MC for a little more than a week now, and am loving it too. It's a great looking instrument. I will say, this whole UAS thing is for real. I am spending way too much time reading these boards and drooling over tenor cutaways and mahogany sopranos! ;)

Congratz! It's real purdy... :)

I couldn't wait long enough to take pics of mine in the box. I just ripped into it.

Top Bottom