Anyone ever made a uke case?

Ron

Reaction score
My skills aren't up to an actual ukulele but I could have a crack at a case, just for fun. Anyone ever made one? Ever converted a suitcase, say?

Hey, you can't get much more detailed than those instructions! Thanks for finding this.

I can make a case for a ukulele:

"Ukuleles are small, inexpensive, and easy to get started playing."

There.

JJ

Home made case

Here is a case I am building for my first home made ukulele.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I made this one a few years back. Fairly basic box design with a hinged lid, latches and a handle. The internals are moulded to suit the instruments using cardboard templates and filled with space invading foam which sets in a matter of minutes. Once the foam dries you just line it with velvet. The instruments fit like a glove and the wooden case offers great protection. Old school, but it works.

Attachments

• DSCN0613.jpg
    DSCN0613.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0614.jpg
    DSCN0614.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0615.jpg
    DSCN0615.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0616.jpg
    DSCN0616.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 41
From an orange crate and old door hardware I built an ugly case for Grandpa's ancient massive banjo-mandolin. My case sucked and sulked but it worked till I couldn't stand to see it again. Now I buy cases as needed. (And I rarely need more than a gig bag.)

I've been planning to approach the issue from a different direction. I own an old soft briefcase that isn't *quite* big enough for a soprano 'uke. I've sketched-out a scheme to build a two-neck 'uke to fit the briefcase. That'll be handy. ;)

Home made case

I just finished the case I showed above...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Top Bottom