My Pineapple Sunday has arrived!

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
I had a REALLY long post written about my love for the Pineapple Sunday. After I proofread it, I thought "who gives a crap?" :) Needless to say, here is my brand new, been in stock over a year, Pineapple Sunday. I do have some questions to the KoAloha crowd. First being, can I join the KoAloha Crowns now? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3762.jpg
    IMG_3762.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3763.jpg
    IMG_3763.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 42
My next question is where do I find this uke's birthday? I thought it was stamped on the neck block, but I can not find it.

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3766.jpg
    IMG_3766.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
I had a REALLY long post written about my love for the Pineapple Sunday. After I proofread it, I thought "who gives a crap?" :) Needless to say, here is my brand new, been in stock over a year, Pineapple Sunday. I do have some questions to the KoAloha crowd. First being, can I join the KoAloha Crowns now? ;)

Ohhhhh, it looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too beautiful for words, that debossed glossy top is sinfully beautiful!

Congratulations, that is the one that was sister to mine at Scotty's in Kalaheo right? I can't wait until Scotty sends mine. How long did it take to reach you after he shipped it?

And I, for one, would love to read your ode to your beautiful new Pineapple Sunday.

Welcome to the KoAloha Crowns my friend. It is simply stunning, I only can hope mine turns out just as well this week. :)

Last edited:
Ohhhhh, it looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too beautiful for words, that debossed glossy top is sinfully beautiful!

Congratulations, that is the one that was sister to mine at Scotty's in Kalaheo right? I can't wait until Scotty sends mine. How long did it take to reach you after he shipped it?

And I, for one, would love to read your ode to your beautiful new Pineapple Sunday.

Welcome to the KoAloha Crowns my friend. It is simply stunning, I only can hope mine turns out just as well this week. :)

How many Pineapple Sundays does one person need? Quit hogging all of them! :p

Yep, you stole... I mean bought the beautiful older sister. This one is some consolation prize, though! Scotty shipped it on Friday from Kalaheo and it arrived Monday (but no one was here to sign for it). Pretty dang fast to go 6000 miles! You will probably get yours tomorrow or Thursday!

How does it sound?
I'm still trying to figure that out. Different from what I imagined, though. Hollower, more bass and longer sustain, and MUCH LOUDER than my Lanikai. I have only played 5 ukes in my life, including the PS. Scotty said it has Worth Clears on it, but I may throw on some Aquillas. It just doesn't sound like I expected it to. Mind you I have had it for all of 30 minutes now!
How many Pineapple Sundays does one person need? Quit hogging all of them! :p
I KNOW!!!! I would be the proud owner of WW's new PS if she followed your advice! ;)

Congratulations on the beautiful ukulele! Someday, I too will have a KoAloha, I expect. Nice photos! I love seeing photos of people's new ukes!

–Lori

What? No special bridge? There was one on eBay, but I hear a hoarder of fine ukuleles snagged it...

(Sorry...couldn't resist. Pineapple Sundays aren't my favorite, but there is no denying that yours is a true thing of beauty!)

That is a beautiful PS. Lovely grain on it. I would keep the Worths on for at least a week to try it out. I like the Worths on mine and found the Aquilas a little to bright for my tastes.

Congratulaions on the new PS. I would not change the strings, the Worth CM's sound the best. As far as a birthday PS and
Sceptre's do not have them stamp anywhere.

Well, I returned one...and I will be selling one. So I will only have one in the end. Hopefully, it will be as beautiful as Tigeralum2001's. :)

Ah, I remember reading about your PS preferences, I just thought that Meli was the one that was the keeper. :)

Tigeralum, from what I've heard, the PS has a unique sound, so I bet it won't sound like any other uke you've tried. Does it sound like the below vid, more or less? I'll embarrass George and post this, because really who can get enough of such goodness?

Congratulaions on the new PS. I would not change the strings, the Worth CM's sound the best. As far as a birthday PS and
Sceptre's do not have them stamp anywhere.

Yup, my PS and Sceptre don't have the stamp anywhere. I just need to remember that they were made Dec 2009.

Or actually, as KoAloha legend has it, you need the dental mirror to see the date.

I heard that KoAloha stamps the month of production on the inside rim of the soundhole, and you need a microscope to see it. The year is written on the underside of the fretboard.

Top Bottom