Need Simple Crowd Pleasers!!!

Mim

Reaction score
As most of you know, I am spreading the Uke love by having Ukes available in my shop for people to pick up and play! I am going to be the Queen of infecting people with Uke obcession! Last night a guy who never played ANY insterment EVER picked up one of the Ukes. I showed him how to play a C, Am, and G. Nothing special, just some basics. I swear I saw a glow in his eyes... he was bit!!!

So, I am in the process of putting a folder together of songs that I will have out on the table. It has a Uke chord chart in the front and I want to fill it with as many simple songs as possible that people can look through and play.
And feel successful playing.
And then they will be hooked.
And then I will have lots of people who can come and jam with me!!!

So. I need songs that are:

- Easy... simple chords, not too many different chords
- Familiar
- A variety of genres
- Songs that if you were making a book of easy songs you would include

So, throw them out to me!!!
Thanks guys!!!

As most of you know, I am spreading the Uke love by having Ukes available in my shop for people to pick up and play! I am going to be the Queen of infecting people with Uke obcession! Last night a guy who never played ANY insterment EVER picked up one of the Ukes. I showed him how to play a C, Am, and G. Nothing special, just some basics. I swear I saw a glow in his eyes... he was bit!!!

So, I am in the process of putting a folder together of songs that I will have out on the table. It has a Uke chord chart in the front and I want to fill it with as many simple songs as possible that people can look through and play.
And feel successful playing.
And then they will be hooked.
And then I will have lots of people who can come and jam with me!!!

So. I need songs that are:

- Easy... simple chords, not too many different chords
- Familiar
- A variety of genres
- Songs that if you were making a book of easy songs you would include

So, throw them out to me!!!
Thanks guys!!!

Two really easy ones:

Happy Birthday
C G7 C
C7 F C G7 C

Anyone Else But You - The Moldy Peaches (was used in the movie "Juno")
G C (that's it)

G
You're a part time lover and a full time friend
C
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend... (etc etc)

Radiohead's Creep. That was the first song I learned. Less than 2 hours after the first time I held a uke I was playing and singing. I'm too lazy to pull up tabs though. Sorry. :)

Radiohead's Creep. That was the first song I learned. Less than 2 hours after the first time I held a uke I was playing and singing. I'm too lazy to pull up tabs though. Sorry. :)
No need to pull tabs... Chordie.com is my friend!

No need to pull tabs... Chordie.com is my friend!

I love Chordie. That's where I got all my guitar stuff.

I love that song. <3

Good luck with your book! You should post the songs you choose. It may inspire some of us.

I love chordie too! but they keep receiving letters to take down certain tabs.. :(

It seems that everyone is taking down songs / chords / tabs these days. It appears the cool thing for huge companies to do is complain. It sucks because I'm terrible at learning from ear and I want to do rock covers...it's getting harder and harder to find good chords.

Harolds Uke songs on Chordie, posted by me, has all easy songs. Most are transposed into the key of "C". Hope this helps, love your idea, want to come to your shop.

Top Bottom