PDA

View Full Version : Strings for an electric uke?

Ser-T-Fide
01-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Does it matter what strings you put on your electric uke and if so, what strings work well?

Plainsong
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
What kind of uke do you have? The majority of electric ukes take the usual ukulele strings. Which strings have the best synergy depends on personal preference. I prefer Aquila on my uklectic, but preferred Worths on my Risa uke solid. There are a few ukes that take steel strings, like the Risa electric, or the Jupiter Creek ukes, but not many brands yet doing the steel string thing.

Ser-T-Fide
01-26-2010, 04:30 PM
yea, i had worths my risa uke solid to, but i sold it as my wrist suffers as it is and that little thing was to awkard to old, not my thing. i would love something from pete, but right now an eleuke is all i can afford, should arrive any day now, and i know i will need to get the strings replaced. i'm thinking browns again, but they come in different tension, does the tension make a difference?

Plainsong
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
yea, i had worths my risa uke solid to, but i sold it as my wrist suffers as it is and that little thing was to awkard to old, not my thing. i would love something from pete, but right now an eleuke is all i can afford, should arrive any day now, and i know i will need to get the strings replaced. i'm thinking browns again, but they come in different tension, does the tension make a difference?

The Risa hurt my wrist too!

The Worths are probably a safe bet, and I'm sure tension makes a difference... but I swear I can't make heads or tales of Worth's string tensions and their meanings. If it gets baffling for you, I've had good luck with Aquila and D'addario pro artes.

Ser-T-Fide
01-27-2010, 02:49 AM
thanks, i'll give it a bash