Strings for an electric uke?

Ser-T-Fide

Reaction score
Does it matter what strings you put on your electric uke and if so, what strings work well?

What kind of uke do you have? The majority of electric ukes take the usual ukulele strings. Which strings have the best synergy depends on personal preference. I prefer Aquila on my uklectic, but preferred Worths on my Risa uke solid. There are a few ukes that take steel strings, like the Risa electric, or the Jupiter Creek ukes, but not many brands yet doing the steel string thing.

yea, i had worths my risa uke solid to, but i sold it as my wrist suffers as it is and that little thing was to awkard to old, not my thing. i would love something from pete, but right now an eleuke is all i can afford, should arrive any day now, and i know i will need to get the strings replaced. i'm thinking browns again, but they come in different tension, does the tension make a difference?

yea, i had worths my risa uke solid to, but i sold it as my wrist suffers as it is and that little thing was to awkard to old, not my thing. i would love something from pete, but right now an eleuke is all i can afford, should arrive any day now, and i know i will need to get the strings replaced. i'm thinking browns again, but they come in different tension, does the tension make a difference?

The Risa hurt my wrist too!

The Worths are probably a safe bet, and I'm sure tension makes a difference... but I swear I can't make heads or tales of Worth's string tensions and their meanings. If it gets baffling for you, I've had good luck with Aquila and D'addario pro artes.

Top Bottom