Star Trek Online

Okay...so who was lucky enough to get a STO beta key? Is the game good, bad, sucky, etc? Inquiring minds want to know. :drool:

Last edited:
I want one SOOOOOOO bad! STO has to be good!

Oh, you have to preorder to get on the beta...

Actually there were several websites that were having contests giving them away. Others website were giving them away if you signed up for a pay subscription to their website. I didn't win one, so I was curious to see if others had.

I really want to play a Ferengi!

Actually there were several websites that were having contests giving them away. Others website were giving them away if you signed up for a pay subscription to their website. I didn't win one, so I was curious to see if others had.

I really want to play a Ferengi
!

you sir, have no respect for the federation.

(no love for the ferengi)

As big a Trek fan as I am, STO doesn't run on Mac OS, so it's dead to me.

JJ

I really want to play a Ferengi!

You don't have the Lobes to be a Ferengi...

I've been away for a bit working on my house, but wanted to add my two cents on STO.

First and foremost anything involving your ship or in space is AWESOME...! The ground combat leaves a bit to be desired, but it'll come around like all MMOs they start out kind of lacking but get a ton of patches and come out better.

I played the beta and got to level 8 or something so never got out of the starter ship, but still there are a ton of cool upgrades and loot you can do to any ship to make them rock.

I recommend any Star Trek fan to try it out.

Well, I took the plunge and bought the darn thing this weekend. I haven't played enough yet to give it a real verdict, but it feels a little unfinished. The hardest thing for me right now is that there are almost no tutorials. Hopefully there will be some player guides in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, if you plan on playing the coolest Star Trek race ever - the Ferengi, it will cost you $6.25 for Cryptic Points to unlock them in-game. You will need to do this if you want to play a Klingon on the Federation side too.

Last edited:
Well, I took the plunge and bought the darn thing this weekend. I haven't played enough yet to give it a real verdict, but it feels a little unfinished. The hardest thing for me right now is that there are almost no tutorials. Hopefully there will be some player guides in the next couple of weeks.

I've played alot of MMOs... ALOT. Almost all including WoW felt unfinished in the beginning, this will come around.

Are you playing? I've only got to play a few hours on it, so still trying to figure things out.

Not playing currently. Busy working on my house, but I played the beta. Just keep taking missions via the hailing button after meeting the NPCs. EASY.

Monster are you still playing? I'm wondering it STO will last.

Hell no. I maxed out one character in less than two months. I've never maxed out a character before in an MMO; and I've played most of them. It's a fun game if you play the Federation side, but there isn't any replay value in my opinion.

I tried the Klingon side, but they don't have any storyline missions for them...so it's just a huge PvP grind. And let me tell you, the PvP is the worst I've ever seen in a game. STO is really unbalanced in that regard.

I have a feeling the game is going free-to-play. If you want to play, I suggest waiting a while. They're turning it into a huge cash-shop game.

Top Bottom