My first (decent) Ukulele...

Joe Hell

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the NAMM show in Aneheim, CA. and picked up my first (actually I bought two) uke that wasn't something I would consider a toy. Getting a decent uke at the show was my ultimate goal. I've been playing guitar for years but the uke is a new found passion...or should I say addiction.

After much research I had settled on a few brands to look closer at but a buddy was wanting to establish a dealership with Cordoba Guitars so I figured I would help him along. I ended up with the Cordoba 25 TKCE Tenor...solid Koa, ebony fretboard. I also am waiting on delivery of a Baritone model.

I would say that my first impressions were favorable other than obvious cosmetic issues...which helped lower the price. The model appears to be a prototype of sorts (according to the salesman) due to these blemmishes and the lack of a serial number. I would hope these issues would not be standard on a production model. Overall I would say it is a pretty good playing instrument with great tone and feel but the electronics seem to leave a bit to be desired...although I would admit that I am far from an expert.

I am working on a trade for a couple Kamaka uke's for a 1968 VW Beetle I rarely drive...until then here is my new Cordoba.

uke-2.jpg

Last edited:
nice looking ukulele, i have a lanikai ck-t tenor ukulele and it sounds good even though it's -slowly falling apart- haha baby your uke and it will return the favor with years of playing

Well then that is one might fine looking prototype!

this also my first time ever hearing of anyone trading their car for ukuleles, well actually any instrument in general haha. I would think twice about that trade tho, I hear VW is discontinuing the beetle this yea so your '68 model may heave in a heftier price in the future!

Top Bottom