Hawaiian Ukulele Company at the Aloha Tower

Howie1947

Reaction score
Anyone know about this place??? Types of Ukes, prices, Howie

I was there last year. Okay place, and nice enough staff. Their inventory (at the time), was the entire Lanikai line and then Kamaka. :) I would classify them as tourist prices. Just my thoughts. They had a 6 string Kamaka that I really wanted to bring home with me, though seeing as I bought a KoAloha earlier in the trip, my wife would have killed me.

-John

I was there last month.The place was closed I looked through the window there was a pretty good inventory but could not make out what kind of ukes.I would agree it is tourist prices.Also all the ukulele stores in around the tourist areas especilly the ones in the hotels and the malls are pricy.I finaly got a Kanilea tenor at Island Guitars in the ward warehouse.Good luck

haven't been there but just hearing that its in Aloha Tower, I would just assume it's a tourist shop.

When I was there in January this year, they had mostly Tangis, Lanikais, and I think some Leolanis. I also saw a Sonny D. Prices are definitely of the tourist shop variety.

Interesting that you ask. I bought my ukulele there in Feb. I have NO idea what kind it is. The inside sticker just says "The Hawaiian Ukulele Company and labels the strings) The Uke teacher on our cruise recommended it as a place that wouldn't rip us off. How was I supposed to know? I paid $150 for my student concert with a soft-sided case (great to travel home on the plane). Since I am just learning how to play it, it is a fine Uke. I just put on D'addario strings and it sound much better. But I am starting to really want a new one. Uh-oh -- sounds like the start of UAS. Is there a cure?

i haven't been to that shop in 3 yrs or so... but I remember they had the highest prices. Some of the best ukulele's I've come across were actually at pawn shops...

Top Bottom