Going to California - Amazing Young Talent

Dominator

Reaction score
This is just amazing to see how the youth of today are taking the ukulele so seriously. This kid is freaking awesome and not just going through the motions. He is actually feeling it. Wow! I got chills watching him. Too bad the audio and video are just a little out of snyc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2I89Xa1v1o&feature=related

Thanks for the link, Dom. The kid is a prodigy, no doubt. I'm amazed.

Wow. I'm totally blown away. How old is he? : D He could probably fit inside that bass behind him!

Looks like in a few years, we'll be living in a completely different ukulele world. As long as they stick to it, these kids are only going to get better and better. I can't wait to see what becomes the new awesome.

Wow... he has talent. Imagine what he'll be like in 10 years... heck... five years... less...

Thanks for the link, Dom... 'twas well worth watching.

Wow. I'm totally blown away. How old is he? : D He could probably fit inside that bass behind him!

Looks like in a few years, we'll be living in a completely different ukulele world. As long as they stick to it, these kids are only going to get better and better. I can't wait to see what becomes the new awesome.

I'm not sure how old he is. My guess is maybe around 8 or so.

Very cool.

:rock:

I have been putting a ukulele in the hand of my 3 year old everyday and he loves to watch my mediocre playing. I can only hope he will sound like that. Just thing if we all started out playing with those little hands....wow.

I have been putting a ukulele in the hand of my 3 year old everyday and he loves to watch my mediocre playing. I can only hope he will sound like that. Just thing if we all started out playing with those little hands....wow.

I've tried that too - ukuleles, guitars, piano, harmonica, you name it. Sadly, my dreams of having my own boy band went away.

It says in the video info that he is 10 years old. His first name is Kazuki and he worships Jake. He puts the entire Nippon Ukulele Association, of which some members have something like 20 ukes of which a number of customs, but play one tenth as good.
I hope he rocks on to create his own special thing in uke music, that would be good.

10-ish.....wow! That is such incredible talent. I would love to go to a show with this kid Kazuki and Imamura and Sungha Jung:music:

Haha, looks like some of us are definitely "over the hill", wishing that our kids would become awesome at the ukulele instead of becoming awesome ourselves.:D I too hope one of my daughters will take up the uke some day (they are 3 & 1 yr old).

This Kazuki kid is definitely awesome. Although it no longer surprises me when I see kids with amazing musical talent. I've come to realize how great some people can be at musical instruments at a very young age if they've got the talent. I wish I had some of that talent...:p

Top Bottom