PDA

View Full Version : Black Uke Ohana sk-15 ?

Pukulele Pete
01-28-2010, 02:15 AM
I've been wanting a black ukulele for a long time now. So far all I can find is a Dolphin and the Ohana sk-15. I've read the reviews of the dolphin but I like the looks of the Ohana. Can someone tell me how good a uke the Ohana is. Are there any other ukes that come in black? I've seen the Lava Flea but I want a traditional shape ukulele. Thanks

Steiner
01-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Nalu makes a sweet looking black cutaway tenor

Ken Middleton
01-28-2010, 04:54 AM
I've been wanting a black ukulele for a long time now. So far all I can find is a Dolphin and the Ohana sk-15. I've read the reviews of the dolphin but I like the looks of the Ohana. Can someone tell me how good a uke the Ohana is. Are there any other ukes that come in black? I've seen the Lava Flea but I want a traditional shape ukulele. Thanks

The Ohana SK-15 is basically the same as the popular SK-10 series. The colour though are really tasteful. the red is gorgeous but I like the black too.

Ronnie Aloha
01-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I think Lanikai also makes a black glossy uke.

ukestang
01-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Kala makes the arch top accoustic electric tenor in glossy black, I have the natural mahogany, my brother in law has a sunburst, buy a black one and we'll start a band. About $250 everywhere. Beautiful instruments, kinda quiet accoustically but sound great plugged in. Only had mine about a week and am sure it will open up.

salukulady
01-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Don't have that model, but have several Ohana ukes and love them. Nice tone, great quality, reasonably priced and plenty loud.

cjensen91910
01-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Here is the tenor that I have. Quite loud on it's own with an active pickup. Had to lower the action a bit too.

http://www.ukuleleworld.com/hohner-lu-21tebk-black-tenor-w-elect-hard-case-..html

pdxuke
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Anybody know a source for the SK15s in color that sets them up properly? MGM doesn't carry, and I want a reputable place that will set it up right. I buy Dolphins because I know MGM (and UkeRepublic) sets them up. I'm not interested in trying my luthier skills, but I would like the red Ohana.

PandaLuver
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
you can get a nice black lanikai with i think pear binding and comes with a EQ it only cost like 150 bucks
check ukuleleworld.com and click lanikai for a good deal