"Video Blocked in Some Countries"?? WTH??????

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
I just noticed this note on an old video of mine:

4311807332_c3852612c9_o.jpg

What's it all about, Alfie? What countries banned it? The ones with good taste? :confused:

Unfortunately, i can't see the video. It says "This video is private.". I'm in Turkey.

Ed: I can watch after the fix. There's no ban in Turkey.

Last edited:
Do some countries have a problem with restringing a uke? Are you completely naked in any portion of this video? What is going on? All these restrictions/copyright/YTsuspension things are getting ridiculous!

Oh, yah. I forgot that I strip down to full frontal later in the vid.

:)

Because of copyright, some online venues do not share their content in other countries.

It is blocked in germany because of content that has been copyrighted by sony music entertainment.

I wish I know how people get away with this. I've had a few video edits blocked (actually deleted) for violations, yet I see hundreds of others that work just fine. I wish I knew what rules they used so I can post things without fear of having my account terminated.

I'm pretty new the YT upload thing, largely because of the prodding by other UU'ers here, "C'mon! Post some vids! Let's see whatcha got!!!" One day ALL my posts were gone and I had to re-upload them (there were only 6 or so, not a big deal). Then not long ago one of them lost its ratings and I had to re-enable the "allow ratings" or whatever it's called. I also notice that many of the comments are not sent to my email, like most of them are. Not that I get that many to begin with, my point being that all of these little things are either glitches in the system (it's a wonder YT works at all...), or something like a randomized hack causing mayhem to the delight of some pimple-faced punk with a computer in a basement somewhere. You get what you pay for I guess!

Why on Earth a "how-to" vid would be blocked in another country is beyond me. I can't even muster a funny reason, it's so weird. Maybe they were expecting the paint drying and instead got a uke restrung? See? Not funny....

Works fine in the Kingdom of Hawai'i.

Goggles. It's because you forgot to wear goggles. Remember, safety first! - two of my ukes do require goggles for restringing, now that I think about it. No wonder mom wouldn't buy me a uke. I'd shoot my eye out!

It's viewable in Finland, so Al Hirt could be loosing parts of a penny per month by this being shown! ;)

It is blocked in germany because of content that has been copyrighted by sony music entertainment.

I second that:

scr41624304169871.jpg

but it's getting pretty normal to see that note lately. YT is very cut down in Germany... but thanks to a friend on the forums I found a nice proxy server page located in the States that allows me to watch them!

Top Bottom