So, you think you can do without the new Japanese plastic ukes? Hmmmm??

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Well, what if they came with an Astroboy theme!???

osamu.gif

00002995_photo1.jpg

I want a uke that says "Mighty Atom" on it! :(

Thanks to vid314 on YT for sending me the link.

Last edited:
I played one in Japan. They are...ähhhhm, "playable". On the other hand: they are cheap, so get them all!

Ok, that is really sweet. But, the only way they could REALLY grab me, and make me do just about anything for one, would be to have Totoro on it. A Totoro ukulele would be like the Holy Grail. And I would own it. Oh yes, it would be mine.

Hello Kitty is a close second though. (I have seen pics of a couple of those, but have never actually seen one for sale anywhere).

A Totoro uke would be pretty awesome. Soot Sprites along the neck would really complete the look.

Oh yeah! That would be sweet. I could almost be tempted into buying a plastic uke... yeah, me the solid wood uke snob...

Ok, that is really sweet. But, the only way they could REALLY grab me, and make me do just about anything for one, would be to have Totoro on it. A Totoro ukulele would be like the Holy Grail. And I would own it. Oh yes, it would be mine.

Hello Kitty is a close second though. (I have seen pics of a couple of those, but have never actually seen one for sale anywhere).
I WANT a Hello Kitty uke......hell maybe I'll paint her on a uke. Hello Kitty ROCKS!

They sell the Hello Kitty ukes in NYC. They are, if you can believe it, several steps down from a Mahalo. Buy a uke of your choice and slap a Hello Kitty sticker on it. Astro Boy ukes are pretty cool, but if i could have any anime, it would probably be Dr. Slump.

Top Bottom