Rotosound Laguna strings

Lanark

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the Rotosound Laguna uukulele strings?

I'm very curious since I've been using the Rotosound Reds for my electric guitars for years. They have such a really unique timbre about them that I just love 'em.

But before I shell out some cash on Ebay for a handful of these ukulele packs, I just thought I'd see if anybody's got some firsthand experience with them.

I did my first experimental string change on the Lk-1C yesterday to Ko'olau golds from Aquilas (courtesy a MGM sampler set) and I'm not totally satisfied with the sound. Fuller mids but I miss the bright edge the Aquilas had. I think I'm looking to find a mid-point between the two.
I suppose I'll know better when they've settled in and hold a tune better, but I'm kind of meh over them right now.

Oh and Fremonts too. opinions?

Besides the stock Aquilas, I've tried Worth BM & CD on my Kanile'a super-soprano. I like the CD's the best, but it's just very slightly different from the BM's. For what it's worth, I liked both Worth sets better than the Aquilas. Fremonts are supposed to be almost exactly like Worth CD's, so I think they are worth a try.

I've never tried the Laguna strings so I can't comment on it.

I was ordering strings from Elderly a while back and bought a set of those just to try (they're only $2). I can't remember much about them, other than they stayed on the uke for... oh, maybe 5 minutes before I took them back off. As I recall they had a very thin sound, but each uke is different and will respond to strings differently.

I personally like Aquilas or Worth CD strings on concert ukes.

Top Bottom