Which Uke Is Better?

Reaction score
I am planning to buy a new ukulele but i cant decide which ukulele is better:

Lanikai lu-21 vs Kala KA-15S

does anyone have any suggestions

please reply...

:confused:

Those two are pretty much the same ukulele. I'm pretty sure both Kala and Lanikai work out of the same factories. But if I had a choice between nato (lanikai) and mahogany (kala) ... I'd probably choose mahogany (even if it's probably a laminate). Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Those two are pretty much the same ukulele. I'm pretty sure both Kala and Lanikai work out of the same factories. But if I had a choice between nato (lanikai) and mahogany (kala) ... I'd probably choose mahogany (even if it's probably a laminate). Anyone else have an opinion on this?

ill give this a +1

I would go with the Kala... the Lanikai is awesome in the higher end (solid Koa at $550+) but between those two, the Kala is more fun and a little louder.

I have a Lanikai Ck-C and a Kala Ka-TE and I prefer the Kala. The intonation,and overall quality of craftsmanship is better than the Lanikai even though I paid more for the Lanikai. The Lanikai nut is not completely squared up to the neck, and the finish is not as smooth or nice as I imagined it would have been. The Lanikai tuning goes sharp 15 cents as you go up the neck, while the Kala stays in tune. It's too bad though, because I prefer playing the concert size.

I reckon the Kala has a better tone (it must be the mahogany)... Make sure you get some Aquila strings straight away as well - worth the couple of extra $$!

I have a Lanikai Ck-C and a Kala Ka-TE and I prefer the Kala. The intonation,and overall quality of craftsmanship is better than the Lanikai even though I paid more for the Lanikai. The Lanikai nut is not completely squared up to the neck, and the finish is not as smooth or nice as I imagined it would have been. The Lanikai tuning goes sharp 15 cents as you go up the neck, while the Kala stays in tune. It's too bad though, because I prefer playing the concert size.

crap i just ordered a CK-C, does it suck that bad, should i cancel it, or is it worth getting?

Top Bottom