Song Help Request Would these guitar chords be the same chords on my uke?

cupcake

Reaction score
I'm a complete beginner, so I apologzie if this question comes off as ridiculous...

There is a song I would like to play, but I only I have the guitar chords. BUT it is supposed to be capo'd on the 5th. From what I have read, playing a guitar of the 5th capo is like playing the uke. So would these guitar chords be the same chords I would play on my uke? If not, what would the chords on my uke be?

The chords are:

C, Am, F (for the verses) and Am, G, F, E (playing in between verses)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know anything about reading music or music theory whatsoever.
Thanks!

Capoing your guitar at the fifth fret and playing a "C" shape is an "F" chord.
If you want to play a "C" chord you play a "G" shape.

On ukulele open position a guitar "G" shape is a "C"
Hope this answers your question. I struggled for awhile converting to uke, now I find I just play shapes on both uke and guitar and don't hink about the chord name.
I always telll people the shapes are th esame, but th enames have been changed to protect the innocent.

Good Luck

i appreciate your help. I'm actually not a converted guitar player, so I still find this confusing. I've never played an instrument and only found guitar chords for this song. So far, the extent of my uke playing has been looking up different chords on a chord sheet and strumming them. I thought it might be easy to because there are only 3 chords in the verse, but maybe I am trying to bite off more than I can chew.

You can use those chords no problem. But if you want to play along with the recording, you would use F, Dm, Bb (for the verses) and then Dm, C, Bb, A for the other part.

I find the the songs listed on Chordie website appear in Guitar tab and if you choose to, you can display them as Uke tab chords.

I find guitar tabs that just tell me chords, and when i play them on my uke, it sounds fine. I have noticed some chords sound better when replacing the guitar ones. An example would be to play Em rather than E. It may have just been the particular songs i have played, but you get the point.

I'm a complete beginner, so I apologzie if this question comes off as ridiculous...

There is a song I would like to play, but I only I have the guitar chords. BUT it is supposed to be capo'd on the 5th. From what I have read, playing a guitar of the 5th capo is like playing the uke. So would these guitar chords be the same chords I would play on my uke? If not, what would the chords on my uke be?

The chords are:

C, Am, F (for the verses) and Am, G, F, E (playing in between verses)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know anything about reading music or music theory whatsoever.
Thanks!
Let's make this simple as possible; yes you can use those chords assuming your uke is tuned GCEA. C (0003) Am (1000) F (2010) & Am (1000) G (0232) F (2010) E (4442) . . .

Top Bottom