I hate the waiting game...

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
So today was the third day since I bought my new ukulele on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller sent it via priority mail and has not provided a tracking number -- one reason why despite their faults, I would much prefer FedEx or UPS for an instrument this expensive.

So I spent another day at home, waiting for the knock on the door from the friendly mailman, for me to sign for my new uke. Nothing. I actually sat at the window and watched him until he was done delivering all the mail for my townhome complex, then walked down to his truck to ask if he had my package. Nope.

So another 24 hours spent alternating between wanting to cry and wanting to throw up. Part of my anxiety is arguably my fault since I'm anxious to compare ukes, and then list one of them for sale on eBay so I can afford to pay my credit card bill when it arrives. But having no idea where it is drives me crazy.

Coming from Hawaii to California via priority mail shouldn't take this long right? The mailman even told me it should have arrived by now. Tigeralum -- yours got there in four days but one of the days was Sunday right? So how did it get all the way across the country to you so quickly and I'm languishing in California without mine.

I have to go throw up or cry now. And yes I am being a tad melodramatic and a big baby, but I actually really do feel like I want to throw up. :uhoh: This is the last time I ever spend $1500 without requiring a tracking number...

You'll be OK and so will the uke! I don't know how much it would cost for Fed-Ex or UPS, but priority shipping was $52 and change to me. USPS can't track packages as well as the other guys. It is insured, though... not that it matter since it is irreplaceable! ;)

I'm sure it will come tomorrow. I can't wait to hear your review and see the pictures! And if you like Meli better... you know what to do! :)

express shipping ovenight shipping for my koaloha from hawaii to Michigan was 44 bucks

It's going to be OK Oh Wicked One, your PS will arrive tommorow and all will be good in the world again. I can only image how excited you are going to be when you get to hold 2 PS at one time. The closest to that was when I was at the factory and got to hold an unfinished PS and stand next to the rack that had 6 more in it.

The same thing happened to me when mom sent my Kanilea from Charleston to Helsinki. She sent it on the 30th, and it arrived here like on the 15th! That's roughly 15 days of cold storage for warm koa. Ugh...

It normally doesn't take that long, but this one just did for whatever reason. But I let the box and case warm up, opened it, and all was well... after a $233 bill from customs. That's always a risk anyway, and I at that point I just cared that it was alright.

I know the sick feeling, and it's ok to vent here and be melodramatic. We understand.

Well WW, I feel your pain, sort of. At least you have a PS to play the blues on in the mean time.

In this case, good things really do come to people who wait. Really, really good things. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your new PS than the one that Scotty had posted on ebay

Well WW, I feel your pain, sort of. At least you have a PS to play the blues on in the mean time.

In this case, good things really do come to people who wait. Really, really good things. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your new PS than the one that Scotty had posted on ebay

Thanks. :)

I actually have purposefully left the current PS sitting alone so I don't play it until I compare them. In case she gets sold (and I'm leaning that way right now), I don't want to run the risk of dropping it or something crazy. Believe me, if it could happen, it would happen to me.

Oh my...that is awful. That must have been incredibly stressful for you.

Haha yes it sure was. I was worried it was lost in the mail. I didn't see that uke for over two and a half months because of the shipping problems and time for repair. She's been home now for a long while and gets plenty of love.

Definitely was something that helped me learn patience though!

something amiss

I feel your pain, oh wickedwahine. I hate waiting games, too.

I was going to buy a new-to-me Kamaka Tenor locally, as a late birthday/christmas gift for my brother. I found it on craigslist, and since it was local, I decided to just pick up and do the transaction in person. This was about two weeks ago. It sounded good the first week, and the seller was responsive and even put up a video of the uke. The person asked for cash (first warning sign?)

Last week, I have been emailing and leaving messages with no response back from the seller. Finally, today someone answered the phone and gave it to him, and he sounded like a kid (maybe high school) and said something in the background like "it's that guy" and hung up. :mad:

I feel like someone just broke up with me, without directly breaking up with me.

I've made many successful transactions via craigslist, all in person, but this latest one is by far the worst one. What ever happened to courtesy?

With Priority Mail I always allow minimum 5 days but 7 is closer.

WickedWahine, any luck today?

I am stalking my prey, the mailman right now. He is down at the mailboxes and has been there for about a half hour. I think he does his large deliveries after the main mailboxes but it is killing me. I can see him if I open my front door, so I am obsessively opening the front door every five minutes now. I suppose it is a slight bit less stalkery than yesterday, when I sat in my bedroom by the window just staring at his van. But oh, it is killing me, not knowing if it is in his truck. Hopefully I should know in the next half hour or so...lots of mailboxes for him to fill in our townhome community. Oh, if it doesn't come today, I think I will snap.

Why are you posting this here? Just relax, and do something else while you wait. Sorry, I don't feel your 'pain'!

Why are you posting this here? Just relax, and do something else while you wait. Sorry, I don't feel your 'pain'!

Bluke you have worn out your welcome here. I wish you well, but that's the last straw.

Bluke you have worn out your welcome here. I wish you well, but that's the last straw.

I was surprised he said what he did but I actually thought what he said in Ronnie's thread about his KoAloha was way worse. Good for you Seeso...

I was surprised he said what he did but I actually thought what he said in Ronnie's thread about his KoAloha was way worse. Good for you Seeso...

It's that post in Ronnie's thread and this one that sealed the deal. Sorry about that, WW.

Huh? I don't see what Bluke said as bannable at all.

Is this turning into the land of happy-happy joy-joy where if you dare say anything not 100% positive you'll get the boot?

Top Bottom