Reaction score
I just got a new uke in the mail . . .

See mini review here!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Video to come this weekend....

Does this mean you're sick of the Moore Bettah? ;)

Pretty neat! Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Wow, that's gorgeous! What scale and what woods?

Did you say you wouldn't recommend it for a strummer because of the delicacy of the sound hole?

Really looking forward to seeing your vids with it. :)

More because of the sound. It is a very lute like sound and really sounds muffled and dull strummed compared to finger picked. I can honestly say I prefer the sound of this uke to any other when playing classical fingerstyle, but for the money a Flea or Fluke would be much better for strumming. That is one of the greatest things about it, it has a truly unique niche.

Does this mean you're sick of the Moore Bettah?

Not even a little bit. ;)

Oh, wow - how will you ever keep that sound hole intact! It is beautiful - but looks so fragile! But what a stunning instrument - have fun with it; can't wait to see the vid!

More because of the sound. It is a very lute like sound and really sounds muffled and dull strummed compared to finger picked. I can honestly say I prefer the sound of this uke to any other when playing classical fingerstyle, but for the money a Flea or Fluke would be much better for strumming. That is one of the greatest things about it, it has a truly unique niche.
As a fingerpicking classical player, all I can say is I want! :drool:

Really looking forward to the video!!!

Almost looks like a pineapple! I likey.

According to website made in Pakistan and lists for $329.00 for a concert size (sopranos start at $319.00). Sounds like a deal to me. Almost a pineapple.

They also make a Balalaika 'Ukulele for $269.00! Funky cool, I likey this one too.
uktvg.jpg

I can't wait for your video review. I'm primarily a classical guitarist and really enjoy the lute like sound of my tenor ukulele. I've been looking for a lute style ukulele but I didn't think one could be found at such a price.

Last edited:
That is really very beautiful. I can't wait to see a video!

Beautiful instrument! I'm looking forward to hearing it as well.

I'm new around here, so I'm not sure if you're familiar with him, but Rob MacKillop is a brilliant baroque player...ukulele, guitar, lute, he even plays a mean classical banjo! He can be found at:

http://www.baroqueuke.co.uk/

or

http://www.fingerstyleuke.com/

And I know he's got vid's on YouTube, but I can't get to those from work. :( (My fav is "Hawaiian Landscape With Rain"!)

~Michael

Oh my goodness. That's gorgeous. I have been considering different ways to incorporate ukulele in renaissance music (which I like to sing a lot). This looks just about perfecto. I am very much anticipating your video!

Top Bottom