I am so sick right now. I dropped my KoAloha...

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
I placed my KoAloha soprano on my desk and must have bumped it with my chair. It fell on the floor. At first I thought it was OK since I didn't see any dings on the back but when I turned it around....

It was a very special uke to me. The most special of all of the ones I own.:(

I can't even bring myself to take a pic and post it. I just put her back in her case and put her away...AUWE.

Last edited:
Sorry, dude! Ukes need a "better than the owner" warranty!

Speaking of that, does anyone insure their ukes against damage?

I'm so sorry, Ronnie. I know a wonderful luthier here in Huntington Beach that I trust with with my life. I had him restore my friends 1930's Martin, and he did a beautiful job. PM me if you'd like his number.

So sorry to hear this Ronnie!

I have a couple nasty scratches on some ukes. I just think of them as battle scars. It gives them character and lets them truly be my own instruments. Think of your KoAloha's damage as that and maybe it'll cheer you up.

Oh no Ronnie, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( If it is any consolation, when I first got the scratches on my Kanile'a and Kamaka I was devastated. Now I barely notice them...

sorry to hear that...i don't know what i would do if i did something like that to my koaloha

Ronnie that is terrible news, so sorry brah. When I first saw this thread I was afraid you were going to say that something happened to your PS.

I'm so sorry, Ronnie. I know a wonderful luthier here in Huntington Beach that I trust with with my life. I had him restore my friends 1930's Martin, and he did a beautiful job. PM me if you'd like his number.
Ronnie, take her up on that offer! A good luthier can often work wonders. At least take it to him for an estimate. You might be surprised.

Renters insurance! The deductable may not replace the intrument but it might cover repairs
Renters insurance is basically intended to cover theft/burglary and things beyond your control, like water damage from a burst pipe or leaking roof. It does not cover damages due to your own negligence or clumsiness.

Ronnie that is terrible news, so sorry brah. When I first saw this thread I was afraid you were going to say that something happened to your PS.

me too but then i read where he said this was his most special ukulele. Ronnie, I'm sorry. I can only assume that it is worse than a ding or scratch since you can't even take a picture of it. I discovere my Mele double puka almost destroyed after I left it out of it's case in my classroom b y the door.

Sorry to hear that Ronnie.

I hope it's just a minor battle scar, since I've got them on most of my ukes. It makes them more special. In fact, on a lot of my instruments, I even put stickers on them so that dings here and there are less obvious.

In fact, look at the temporary tattoos I've given my KoAlohas. Give them a few years for the finish to age at different rates, and if I ever try to take the stickers off, it'll definitely leave a mark.
http://twitpic.com/yqvss
http://twitpic.com/yquq9

I'm sure a lot of people are shaking their heads. XD

Hope the damage on yours is only cosmetic!

So sorry to hear of your accident. Maybe you could send it to KoAloha to fix it. It might make you feel better if they worked on it for you. A lot of times, repairs can be made, and you can't even tell. Or, if it's really bad, like a big piece missing or too crunched to fix, maybe they could cut out the injury, and do a patch in an interesting/ decorative shape. It could actually be the inspiration to do something really cool. Maybe even a laser pattern etched into the patch...

–Lori

I am sorry to hear about the crash. I too assume that it is more than a ding.
Now you have me worried so I just took my ukulele off the table and put it in the case.

Let us know if you take it to someone- before/after pics?

I'll chime in with the take it to a luthier or call Koaloha suggestions. Luthiers can really do wonders. In the meantime, my condoloences. :(

Ow! :(

Sorry to hear your special uke is hurt, Ronnie. I hope it turns out to be less serious than it may seem. Fingers crossed for you, mate.

So sorry, Ronnie. Knowing that this is a special uke makes it even more heartbreaking. Looking at the bright side, like others said, it may be quite repairable.

Top Bottom