My first Uke just arrived!!!

Congrats on your new baby. Check out CHUG -- Chicago Ukulele Group. Calling Seeso.........he'll fill you in.

Welcome to UU.

Welcome to the UU! Don't worry, you're not in over your head, but you'll soon find you've lost your head for anything but the ukulele.

Congratulations and welcome.

The people here are really great and helpful. If you are looking for instruction or song ideas, make sure you go through the lessons and Uke Minutes.

Have fun!

Took awhile to get here after ordering but it is finally here. Now I just hope I didn't get myself in over my head.

No, you're not in over your head. :) All you need to do is take it slow, learn about three chords to start with, and you'll be making music! There's lots more to learn, but only as much and as quickly as you want to. Mostly, just have FUN! Do remember that your fingertips will be sore for about the first two weeks, but that's because you'll be building calluses (unless you've already been playing some other stringed instrument). Your ukulele is your pal. :)

CountryMouse

After only a couple hours of messing around last night my finger tips are already sore and numb. Quick question on using the chromatic tuner that came with my set-up. What pitch reference am I suppose to use to tune (Range of 400-460)????
Definately looking forward to a CHUG get together for some tips. Last night was attempting to do a couple of Michael Lynch's lessons, kinda like doing "Finger Twister" on the strings!

After only a couple hours of messing around last night my finger tips are already sore and numb. Quick question on using the chromatic tuner that came with my set-up. What pitch reference am I suppose to use to tune (Range of 400-460)????
Definately looking forward to a CHUG get together for some tips. Last night was attempting to do a couple of Michael Lynch's lessons, kinda like doing "Finger Twister" on the strings!

I am pretty sure you should be using 440. But I hope others chime in to make sure I'm right on this.

CountryMouse

very nice uke! I have one and still love it (it's my first and it's been almost a year now!) I swear that the sore fingers do eventually go away - just keep at it. If you can manage to pick it up every single day and play a bit (even if it's only for ten minutes) - you'll be amazed at how over time you'll find yourself being able to hit chords without looking at your hands. Just stick with it and have fun!

Fingers are still numb but I am strumming away almost everyday. I even have my 5 and 3 year old playing along as well.

Seeso def planning on coming out to a CHUG meet for some much needed tips and assistance. Won't be able to make the Feb 20th since I will be out of town but I will try and make it out in March!!! Looking forward to getting some pointers.

Excellent! Enjoy yourself. That's really all you need to do.

That first Uke gets you. Your well underway to UAS. Enjoy.

Welcome to the UU and congrats on your new "baby"!!! Fasten your seatbelt, you are in for quite a ride!! Enjoy

Top Bottom