What kind of Pono do I have????

HawaiianRush

Reaction score
I have a 8 String Pono which I believe to be a Tenor size but I can't find anything on Pono at all... I picked it up at the music store in Wahiwa, Hawaii but I didn't get all the details on it... although it sounded really nice... I want to know what kind of wood it is...

Model number: PT-8E

8 means 8 stings... E is obviouly the electric pickup... T is tenor I guess? but what is P... what wood starts with P? or is P to tell me its a Pono? help please...

Pictures would help. My guess, it's probably one of the older models. The current line shows an 8 string as an MTD 8 (E = pickup) Mahogany Deluxe Series.

I had a PT-8 (no electronics). I'm guessing yours is mahogany - mine was a VERY pretty striped mahogany with ebony binding and an ebony fingerboard, bridge, and headstock faceplate. It was a beautiful uke!

I have a 8 String Pono which I believe to be a Tenor size but I can't find anything on Pono at all... I picked it up at the music store in Wahiwa, Hawaii but I didn't get all the details on it... although it sounded really nice... I want to know what kind of wood it is...

Model number: PT-8E

8 means 8 stings... E is obviouly the electric pickup... T is tenor I guess? but what is P... what wood starts with P? or is P to tell me its a Pono? help please...

Pictures and one should always ask what kind of uke they are getting but you were probally pretty excited and who cares what kind of wood it is right? I would venture to say that it is a mahaghany and the P I believe stands for Pono.

Top Bottom