Ukes @ Minneapolis Guitar Center

heymelbs

Reaction score
I went to a Guitar Center to look for Ukes, and they had a small selection. The salesguy said that he can't keep them in stock because they are crazy popular. He did say to plan on seeing a bigger selection in the future because of the recent success. Sounds like the craze is hitting the midwest too.

Are there any more local music stores you could support that might have ukes? I went to a local Guitar Center and they had a lousy selection, and they were ridiculously overpriced. I ended up getting a uke at local shop with a greater selection and much better prices.

I went to a Guitar Center to look for Ukes, and they had a small selection. The salesguy said that he can't keep them in stock because they are crazy popular. He did say to plan on seeing a bigger selection in the future because of the recent success. Sounds like the craze is hitting the midwest too.

The craze has already hit. Twin Town Guitars on 34th and Lyndale has Lanikais, and the cheap colored ones -- Makalas? Willie's Guitar in St. Paul carries fleas and flukes -- kinda hit or miss there. Homestead Pickin' Parlor in Richfield has Oscar Schmidts. Probablymore but that's all I know of. Are you located in the twin cities? Have you checked out StrumMn or Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra? PM me if you want any details.

Groth music in Bloomington has Fleas, Lanikais, Kalas, Gold Tone, Martin SO, and a Recording King resonator.

Don't forget the Podium in Dinkytown, they often have a uke or two. I don't get there that often because I am now living on the western edge of the state but they may have stocked up for the masses.

I see on their website they list the Mahalo U-200.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the scoop on the uke stores in the TC. Sounds like Groth music is "the place" so far. Maybe one of those other niche places will add some inventory. I was only a block from the Roseville GC when I was up there, so I decided to drop by and see if they had any ukes. They had a Mitchell soprano and concert, a Lanikai CKCGC concert, and a Cordoba tenor. Not much there yet, but they are adding more and more. I think over the years, I've probably spent about $50 at Guitar Center, but I just love going in the "humidity zone" to play some of those expensive Martins, Guilds, Taylors and Gibsons. Not quite as fun as Dave's guitar in La Crosse, but still pretty cool. The Roseville store has a good selection of low end percussion, which I always love to dabble around in also.

Top Bottom