Bones

StereoJoker

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for this show, and not because it's Another Crime Drama (or because I have a secret crush on David Boreanaz; that's for another topic :eek:). It's equal parts drama and comedy (I actually find myself laughing far more than I should be when I watch and rewatch episodes), and it's got a whole cast of quirky characters, but despite its general absurdity, everything works. The science is pretty accurate, too (you know, for television), since an actual forensic anthropologist sits in on the scripting.

I'm curious as to how many folks here watch the show, too. I know I have an unhealthy obsession with Bones (and anthropology, which is probably why I'm so obsessed with the show itself), but does anyone else? Or at the very least, is entertained by the fabulous Emily Deschanel, et. al.?

...:anyone:

I love Dabid Boreanaz and I have since his Angel days. I love Bones.

I love Bones. But I need to catch up. Only got as far as season 3. :S

I love Bones. But I need to catch up. Only got as far as season 3. :S

It gets cuh-raaaaazier, I promise! And the Booth/Brennan sexual tension basically skyrockets in the middle of the fourth season. That is probably the most frustrating thing to watch, but I commend the writers for not giving into demands about that.

I watched quite religiously the first few seasons but it's tailed off for me. I definitely watch for the interaction between the characters moreso than anything. Show does make me giggle. Plus I do loves David B. and Emily Deschanel. <3

I watched quite religiously the first few seasons but it's tailed off for me. I definitely watch for the interaction between the characters moreso than anything. Show does make me giggle. Plus I do loves David B. and Emily Deschanel. <3

I think the writers decided to just take what they established and run with it (into, like, a million different directions), especially since the fanbase isn't that big anyway and they can pretty much do whatever they want now. There's always a mention in interviews of how there's really only a handful of folks who watch it, but are fiercely loyal. I'm really glad they didn't just make it a straight crime drama because those get boring after a while (Sam Waterston Law & Order doesn't count; that's awesome).

When I put it on, nobody's allowed to bother me at all. If I were to be bothered (nobody's been brave enough to try it ;)), I would probably go all mega She-Hulk and smack somebody into another dimension. Bones is serious business.

When I put it on, nobody's allowed to bother me at all. If I were to be bothered (nobody's been brave enough to try it ;)), I would probably go all mega She-Hulk and smack somebody into another dimension. Bones is serious business.

Haha. *scared of you*

I miss Zach :/

So do I! It was nice having a mini-Brennan in the lab. I like most of the grad students, but Zach was the best (it's just a shame that they had to rush the third season like that with the writer's strike and all).

I love this show. I originally started watching because of DB (was an Angel fan) but I ended up loving the character of Bones. Emily Deschanel is brilliant, the writing is brilliant, and I can't understand why it hasn't gotten an Emmy. (or has it?)

I love this show. I originally started watching because of DB (was an Angel fan) but I ended up loving the character of Bones. Emily Deschanel is brilliant, the writing is brilliant, and I can't understand why it hasn't gotten an Emmy. (or has it?)

No Emmys. It's been nominated I think once, for Best Art Direction or something lame like that, but otherwise always gets shafted :(. I thought the acting in the first Grave Digger episode was phenomenal (mostly Emily and TJ, anyway)

Grr, I missed tonights episode cuz my inlaws called, lol.

I have to re-watch it on Hulu because the fire alarm in my apartment building was set off right in the middle of it. I was cursing the whole way outside. Of course, no flippin' fire. Just freezing in negative-degree weather in my pajamas for half an hour.

True story: I scheduled all my classes this semester around the show (i.e., so I wouldn't have to take a 6:30PM-9:00PM class on Thursday) :eek:. I'm ridiculous.

I love Bones! I am completely obsessed, and a member of a forum that speculates about what's going to happen. I want Booth and Brennan to get together, of course. :) I love everything about the show, and could go on and on about it. I'm upset it's on hiatus til April 1 (but that's my birthday so I couldn't think of a better day for it to return) ;)

I'm upset it's on hiatus til April 1 (but that's my birthday so I couldn't think of a better day for it to return) ;)

...what. Why don't I pay attention to these things? That was the highlight of my Thursday evening, too! D'awww.

True story: I was a squint for Hallowe'en. Totally authentic-looking. Ordered a blue lab coat (embroidered with my name and everything), printed out a "Jeffersonian pass card", got the Medico-Legal patch to put on the coat, and topped it off with latex gloves! The only thing that was missing was a skull, but I'll have that ready (maybe also goggles, too) for next year. (It was awesome.)

...what. Why don't I pay attention to these things? That was the highlight of my Thursday evening, too! D'awww.

True story: I was a squint for Hallowe'en. Totally authentic-looking. Ordered a blue lab coat (embroidered with my name and everything), printed out a "Jeffersonian pass card", got the Medico-Legal patch to put on the coat, and topped it off with latex gloves! The only thing that was missing was a skull, but I'll have that ready (maybe also goggles, too) for next year. (It was awesome.)

lol "squint". I wonder if that's a term the show made up.

Your costume sounds cool. It reminds me of when my friend was into X-Files and she wanted to be an FBI agent for Halloween. She wore a suit, dark glasses, and I made a badge for her. In hindsight, impersonating an FBI agent was probably illegal, halloween or not! lol

I'm bummed about the hiatus too!!

Your costume sounds cool. It reminds me of when my friend was into X-Files and she wanted to be an FBI agent for Halloween. She wore a suit, dark glasses, and I made a badge for her. In hindsight, impersonating an FBI agent was probably illegal, halloween or not! lol

Ohhhh no, I'll admit I was Scully for Halloween one year, complete with the suit, haircut, FBI badge, the whole 9 yards. AND I got to meet Gillian Anderson and get my picture with her! (not when I was dressed as Scully, thank goodness)

All right Boneheads, it's been a month and now we are back in action!

I'm not gonna lie -- I am totally pumped. :D

(Also, happy birthday Natalie!)

Did anyone watch the 100th episode last night? I'm not going to lie, I bawled (BAWLED) at the end scene. The whole thing was amazing!

I thought we were gonna get a Killers song. Silly me.

Did anyone watch the 100th episode last night? I'm not going to lie, I bawled (BAWLED) at the end scene. The whole thing was amazing!

I'm late on this bandwagon, but man, talk about pulling the carrot away from the horse. I read so many negative comments about that episode, from it being "too uncharacteristic" to it feeling "too dumbed down", but mostly there were a lot of frustrated viewers who thought that finally there was going to be a Booth-and-Brennan love connection. The writers are not going to give in until maybe the series finale (and even there I have my doubts!). That ep was particularly fan-centered, so I personally loved all the "inside jokes" and stuff (I kinda wish they had Goodman and the deputy director on board too, since they brought Eric Millegan back to play Zach). And yeah, the ending made me dig further into my Ben & Jerry's.

Last night's episode is going down as one of my favorites, because, oh man, Brennan is so oblivious to everything. At the same time, it's kind of nice to see that she's not really prejudiced; Mr. Buxley's creepiness never fazed her, and she got a caring mentor to help her through her obviously ridiculous high school years. [/geekery]

I keep forgetting it's the sixth season.

Ah, I love Bones. It's the only show I watch to be honest. I love Emily Deschanel (and Zooey, even more so, she was in one episode as Brennans cousin).. a couple of very talented and beautiful sisters, it just can't be possible!

Bones is good as it doesn't take itself too seriously, lots of humour and comedy thrown in as well as a lot of emotional parts. It's the only show where I have gotten "into" the characters so much and felt for them. It's the human aspects of the show make it what it is and I hope it goes on for a few more seasons at least! please please please.

P.S. if you haven't heard of Zooey (sorry if you have) she's also an actress but more to the point, she's a singer/songwriter and has a band with M Ward under the name of She & Him. Zooey also plays the ukulele!! and you can hear some on their new album Volume 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom