Ledward Kaapana

Big Bob

Reaction score
Has anybody here seen his ukulele performances on you tube? I was wondering is his ukulele tuned low G ? or tuned slack key? He is an awsome ukelele player,I especially like his version of E Kue morning dew.

He's amazing

I haven't seen any of his youtube videos, but I was lucky enough to see him play live several times when I lived on Hawai'i. That was back before I started playing uke, and was only interested in his Ki ho' alu playing so I didn't pay much attention to the uke. He is an increadable musician, definately one of the greats, I'll have to check out his videos.

Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Yep, low-GCEG is his slack key tuning. I believe he does some songs in standard with just a low-G though. Led is the man.

Thank you guys for the info on the tuning.I just looked at "Killing me softly" by Led on the ukulele.I could listen to him for hours.

Top Bottom