PDA

View Full Version : Ledward Kaapana

Big Bob
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Has anybody here seen his ukulele performances on you tube? I was wondering is his ukulele tuned low G ? or tuned slack key? He is an awsome ukelele player,I especially like his version of E Kue morning dew.

Steiner
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
He's amazing

kenikas
01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
I haven't seen any of his youtube videos, but I was lucky enough to see him play live several times when I lived on Hawai'i. That was back before I started playing uke, and was only interested in his Ki ho' alu playing so I didn't pay much attention to the uke. He is an increadable musician, definately one of the greats, I'll have to check out his videos.

Kanaka916
01-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's one with Led playing Opihi Moe Moe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ka1UF801Ck&feature=channel_page). Tuning is GCEG. And FYI, the uke he's playing was built by Kekani.

duster bunny
01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Brad Bordessa
01-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Low G for sure with the A string tuned down a step, I would guess, but I just got home from a gig and am too tired to figure it out. Whatever he's doing, it sure swings.

Yep, low-GCEG is his slack key tuning. I believe he does some songs in standard with just a low-G though. Led is the man.

dhkane
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
He's known for his guitar slack key playing in Hawai'i, but his rendition of Blue Spanish Eyes is great.

Brad Bordessa
01-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Add Bob Brozman and boom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1n1mwMzIaI

Led is so much fun to watch. Talk about a guy who loves to play. Most of my musician friends and I get the giggles when we hear him just because he is SO good and he is always telling jokes with his instrument.

Big Bob
01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Thank you guys for the info on the tuning.I just looked at "Killing me softly" by Led on the ukulele.I could listen to him for hours.

grappler
01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Killing me softly is awesome.
thanks for informing they way he tunes his uke guys.