What is your goal with music?

studentaccount1

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite questions because everyone has their own point on the chart.

Do you want to be a pro musician? Are you just having fun learning new stuff? Somewhere in between? Want to be a youtube star? etc...

For me, I played in groups and did the playing in clubs thing when I was 18-21. I still love jamming with friends and making new music, but playing out is not so much of a priority anymore.

As far as getting famous, it seems like now is a good time to get (at least) small scale fame. Getting your music (and seemingly more important, your face) out there is super easy. Pretty much anyone with a decent computer, an internet connection, a little time and a dream can find some sort of appreciative audience on die interweb. There is a cool article relating to this here.

So I guess my point is that it is a pretty interesting time to be a musician.

I play because it's fun. I have no aspirations to be a pro musician. I like to play to get my mind off things, to relax, to feel creative and to sing along. I love the fact that my fingers constantly peel, I love it when I play for what feels like five minutes when it's really five hours. There's really nothing else that can take me to another place the way music can. I think that if I went pro, I'd start to feel frustrated instead of relaxed and I wouldn't enjoy it the way I used to. I think I'd even start to resent it a bit.

But I'm nowhere near pro level, so I'll never have to worry about that. :rolleyes:

I Play because i love the sounds that come out of the ukulele. the melodies and the intonation is wicked!
I dont have a goal in Music But my goal with my ukulele is to be the play the best i can, n when i do have kids.... i will be able to teach them!!
:D

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I guess for me, my goal would be able to learn songs by ear, and improvise songs in my own way. I see guys like Guting on youtube, aldrine and jake dropping their own personal style to familiar songs. They make it look and sound so easy, then when you try it on your own, the frustration starts. Maybe I'd try to write a couple of songs here and there. I do it for fun. I'll bring out my uke during our frequent barbecues and play my limited list, and though I'm horrible, we do have a good time. Maybe, that's why I enjoy playing, because no matter how you feel before, while you're playing, you're relaxed and having a good time.

my goal in music has always just been to perform... not looking for fame, fortune, recognition, or anything like that though. im basically willing to play for anyone that wants to listen. i get made fun of a lot though, because im nowhere as good as my brother in anything concerning music. hell, i honestly think i suck and that i have a looooong way to go, but its always the journey thats the most fun. ironically, i have the worst stage fright. hahaha

I guess for me, my goal would be able to learn songs by ear, and improvise songs in my own way. I see guys like Guting on youtube, aldrine and jake dropping their own personal style to familiar songs. They make it look and sound so easy, then when you try it on your own, the frustration starts. Maybe I'd try to write a couple of songs here and there. I do it for fun. I'll bring out my uke during our frequent barbecues and play my limited list, and though I'm horrible, we do have a good time. Maybe, that's why I enjoy playing, because no matter how you feel before, while you're playing, you're relaxed and having a good time.

same here. i learn from tabs and wish i could interpret songs on my own. improvising is one of my goals with the uke along with learning by eye rather than from tabs. in the end though, i really want to learn some music theory, which seems kind of complicated (from my point of view) haha. like they say, music is the universal language (along with numbers i guess lol) and what better way to convey ur message than through music? :D

well said mate.. well said.
Like to add also.. Guting is awesome!
He should be on this also!!!

:cool:

Attachments

• front big.jpg
    front big.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • GetAttachment (2).jpg