PDA

View Full Version : April Contest Showdown #3 - Ukulele Junkie vs. Gary Jugert!!

anaka
05-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Get your clicking fingers prepared for today's SHOWDOWN:

Gary Jugert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclC1U81vC0)
vs.
Ukulele Junkie (+ Jello!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uT78bPbTw)

Log in to cast your vote and check back tomorrow for more nail-biting action on the next SHOWDOWN!

jello
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Haha, thanks for adding my name onto there (:

Good luck to everyone!! :music:

degracia
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
:eek: does this mean I face Ame :uhoh:

lol. Great match-up here as well. Both of you presented great and Gary's was just hilarious. While Junkie&Jello's had great footage. hmmm....

Ame
05-11-2008, 06:17 PM
:eek: does this mean I face Ame :uhoh:

lol. Great match-up here as well. Both of you presented great and Gary's was just hilarious. While Junkie&Jello's had great footage. hmmm....

oh em gee whatheehf. haha i have to take on the master ariel-from-the-helicopter-showing-the-SF-baybridge-shot?! :eek:

haha, that's a sweet shot, for real.

Good luck to the remaining peoples! :)

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Goood luck to both of you, i liked both of these vids.

ELEVATED THOUGHT
05-11-2008, 09:27 PM
good luck guys!

seeso
05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I guess it's pointless to assume that these match-ups are going to get any easier to call. Sheesh... Tough one again! Good luck to you all!!

zyda28
05-12-2008, 05:34 AM
i liked both videos but i didnt get to see that much of gary's ukulele but i can understand why. As for the other video i thought it was very creative but that whole spinning the camera while looking at the glass got me dissy...all in all i think ill have to go with Junkie for this one.

UkuleleHill
05-12-2008, 06:37 AM
I guess it's pointless to assume that these match-ups are going to get any easier to call. Sheesh... Tough one again! Good luck to you all!!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Ame
05-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Whenever I check back here, it's always a tie. haha This going to be a REALLY close one guys! good luck to both of you! :)

rayan
05-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Just to be fair, we're only going to count one vote between Ukulele Junkie and Jello. Everyone else in the competition can only vote once.

Rod
05-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Ohhh man, what a battle! Two totally opposite videos, however both equally great. In the end, I had to choose the one that best captured the idea of "places uke will go".

Great work to both of you, good luck!

Rod

Gary Jugert
05-12-2008, 08:38 AM
How do you compete with a hot girl ukulele-ist such as Jello, a cool uke dude like Junkie, and a fascinating place like the glass factory? Well, you have no choice but to resort to comedy and Godzilla. Good luck Junkie and Jello!

sukie
05-12-2008, 09:08 AM
They were both excellent. Kinda hard to pick!

NoLine
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
its like 2 vs one
jello&junkie vs gary
really close rite now
good luck to both

UkuleleSwanlet
05-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Both were one of my favorites, hard decision to make but it was made!! Good luck guys. :confused:

KamakaTexas
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Close, but no cigar.
Close only counts in horseshoes.
Too close for comfort.
Too close to call.

Wow! Talk about CLOSE!! When I viewed the poll results just now, you guys were TIED! This is going to be real CLOSE! Good luck to both of you! :eek:

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
hey aaron i'm wondering why it says polls close on the 13th?

degracia
05-12-2008, 05:17 PM

I've noticed it as well. The previous poll was ending on the 12th. And the one before on the 11th. hmmm :confused:

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
oh wait i jus realized all the votings had 2 days between them

anaka
05-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Awesome. UU voters don't mess around!

That's a good question. I really don't know why I've been entering "2 days" for the poll duration ... I guess in my head, I figured we should have some leeway just in case anything happened or if I wasn't able to put up the post in time, but seriously thinking about it, it really doesn't make much sense.

Sorry guys.

For tomorrow (and wed.), I probably won't be able to get to a computer to post the next contest until about 6:30 HST (instead of 5:30 HST, like I have been). So unless Ryan can do the posting, you guys will need to be my eyes and ears, to find out what the score is at 5:30.

I guess we should make the polls for 1 day from now on. Thanks!

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
we'll screen shot it

Plainsong
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I can't believe Gary didn't win that. Wow! :eek:

Gary Jugert
05-13-2008, 03:54 AM
I can't believe it either. :D

It's all good. UJ and Jello made a nice selection for their landmark and their work is peaceful and nice.

If my mom hadn't gotten sick, I would have turned in a much different video anyway (probably worse!), so being included among the finalist made me happy. I'd never even made a home video before this, so goofing around with all these digital tools made for a great education. I'm excited to hear what the next contest will be.

Congrats to the winners.

rayan
05-13-2008, 08:10 AM
I can't believe it either. :D

It's all good. UJ and Jello made a nice selection for their landmark and their work is peaceful and nice.

If my mom hadn't gotten sick, I would have turned in a much different video anyway (probably worse!), so being included among the finalist made me happy. I'd never even made a home video before this, so goofing around with all these digital tools made for a great education. I'm excited to hear what the next contest will be.

Congrats to the winners.

It was the closest match up yet. The final score was only separated by 1 vote.

NotoriousMOK
05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Congrats to team Junkie Jello! Well played by all!

have fun!

Howlin Hobbit
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
It was the closest match up yet. The final score was only separated by 1 vote.

That confuzzles me because it says voting closes @8:30pm today. Where? It's just now 8:30pm on the east coast of the mainland here and it's got to be way earlier than that in Hawaii... yeah, sez here it's 1:30pm on Tuesday May 13 in Hawaii.

Whassup wid dat?

Not that it makes a difference judging by the vote count right now. But I had a heck of a time choosing -- both were good... one was from Tacoma which makes them almost my homies, the other had my sort of sense of humor... what to do? -- and I hated to "waste my vote." (I save that for the national elections.)

In any event... many congrats to the winner of this round!