My daughters were plotting against me!

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
So after almost a month I finially have the Mainland Concert that was meant for me. The delay had nothing to do with Mike and Mainland and everything to do with my Indecisiveness. Either way it arrived Thursdau night.

Thursday I arrived home waiting for my Mainland. While waiting my 6 yo daughter was comlaioning her stomach hurt. Now I just figured she knew Mommy was making left over meatloaf for dinner and she was just trying to get out of it. :)
Unfortunately she wasn't joking and it was thebeginning of a bad stomach flu. The Uku came while I was trying to help her feel better. I spent the entire night till about 1:00 AM with her. The next night I spent with her again. So Saturday I was lookoing forward to finally playing my brand new Mainland Concert after my girls went to bed. WOO HOO. Except at about 7:30 - 8:00 Saturday night my 3 yo says "my stomach hurts" I got her to bed 3:00 AM. Sunday was spent trying to make her comfortable. So now everyone is felling goo and I am thinking of opening my new case and the Wife starts with asking me when am I gong to work on blah blah blah. So here it is almost midnight and I wanted to vent here for a few minutes andnow I am going to play my new girl. now that will be a thread for another time.

Can't you play lullabyes on the uke to the girls as a pretense? So did you also got a Makala on Jan. 11th?

Declare that you've a stomach ailment that can only be relieved by covering your own stomach area with a solid wood ukulele, the newer the better.

I have a similar story, only take out the uke, and replace daughters with dachshund. ;)

Ok, maybe it's not similar, but that was a nasty stomach virus she had. I was recruited for night shift, it was that kind of bad.

Well I'm glad your daughters have had their organic flu vaccinations. ;) Did you tell your wife how you felt? I'm sure she would have given you a few moments to play if she knew it meant so much. ... unless she's run more ragged than you, in which case understanding comes difficult.

Ah well, hopefully now that everyone has been sick, you can finally relax and get some strumming in. And now I'm remembering the night of the big local uke Christmas shindig. I was happily playing and having a great time winning my autographed Craig Robertson CD - and there was my husband texting me about his 104 fever, and I missed it! I would have come right home!

But nope, selfeshly had a ukeing good time. So don't be like me! :)

Can't you play lullabyes on the uke to the girls as a pretense? So did you also got a Makala on Jan. 11th?

Yes I did. that was a unexpected gift. It was funny for 2 days. My wife didn't believe I didn't order it. You have obviously seen my other Threads.

I have a similar story, only take out the uke, and replace daughters with dachshund. ;)

Ok, maybe it's not similar, but that was a nasty stomach virus she had. I was recruited for night shift, it was that kind of bad.

Well I'm glad your daughters have had their organic flu vaccinations. ;) Did you tell your wife how you felt? I'm sure she would have given you a few moments to play if she knew it meant so much. ... unless she's run more ragged than you, in which case understanding comes difficult.

Ah well, hopefully now that everyone has been sick, you can finally relax and get some strumming in. And now I'm remembering the night of the big local uke Christmas shindig. I was happily playing and having a great time winning my autographed Craig Robertson CD - and there was my husband texting me about his 104 fever, and I missed it! I would have come right home!

But nope, selfeshly had a ukeing good time. So don't be like me! :)

I probably would be more like you if it was my wife except then i would still be performing normally Kid duty while she was laid up. I did get some struimming time lat night. The Mainland is beautiful. I will post a testermony to Mainland soon.

The ukulele's size makes them very practical for playing while you're 'on the throne' so to speak... sometimes that's the only alone time you get - take advantage... lol.

The ukulele's size makes them very practical for playing while you're 'on the throne' so to speak... sometimes that's the only alone time you get - take advantage... lol.

great idea, if only they left me alone there! LOL

Top Bottom