Kangatheroo7's Disney Uke Contest (That's right, another one!)

kangatheroo

Reaction score

Hey Folks. Here's my contest!

Rules
1) Must feature the ukulele
2) Must be a song from a Disney movie (animated or not)
3) One entry per person
4) "Kangatheroo7's Disney Uke Contest" should be in either the title, or mentioned at the beginning of the video, or both.
5) The only way to enter the contest is by posting a video response to this video no later than February 28th at Midnight EST before March 1st.

Judging
1) Looking for creativity (your unique approach to the song)
2) You don't have to be a virtuoso, but you do have to look like you're having a good time!
3) Extra points for making me laugh.

Prize
1st place: 2 tickets to Disneyworld!!!! (or Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, or Hong Kong Disney, sorry, no Tokyo)
2nd place: The comfort and satisfaction of knowing you were second (or I might be able to dig up a couple disney pins for you)

Winners will be posted/notified within a week of the close of the contest.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with. Let the Magic begin!!

I'm in! Thanks for hosting this.
I only know one Disney song so far, and I have a good reason now to learn how to play another! ;)

I guess I'm in! The first entry too... I'm worried that somebody is cooking up something big, but please enjoy my modest effort while they finish their epics.
Good luck everyone!
Bill

Awww man... I had an idea, but it was from a Disney ride... then I re-read the rules and relized it needed to be a movie... back to the drawing board.

I'll make exceptions for Disney rides too. Great idea! It goes along with the theme certainly.

It's a small world?

NO WAY!!!! I mean... no disrespect to Small World or anything... but I have about 3 other options up my sleeve... now to narrow it down! My husband laughs at me because when we last went to Disney I knew even the most random of Disney ride songs. I have a tendency to catch on to random songs. I have found my son has the same wierd "gift". I caught him singing "You make me feel like a natural woman" after only hearing the song once. I even know random old Epcot songs like "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" , "Listen to the Land", and "Tomorrow's Child"... it is a curse!

"Momma don't whoop little Beauford... Mama don't pound on his head..."

I mean... no disrespect to Small World or anything...

Ah, poor, oft-maligned "It's a Small World." :-(

I used to hate it. Annoying catchy. They play it overandoverandoverandover on the ride.

Then I paid real close attention to the lyrics. They're wonderful.

Now I love the song. :)

(And the ride itself is pretty awesome too. Kids from all different places and cultures, all singing the same song. Then, by the end of the ride, they're all playing together. What a great message to send. Awww... maybe I'm just an old softy...)

JJ

Just to let you know... I am still entering. I have a great plan in mind involving all my kids (if that is OK). It is going to be a windows movie maker extravaganza... haha! I am "story boarding" it today... haha... and filming begins on Wednesday (because Tuesday is scouts and acting class). Hehe! I have the parts cast and I am getting my props together... make up... costuming... all that jazz!!! Seriously... it is going to be EPIC!!! I hope...

At least in my mind it is Epic...

IN actuality... It will probably come off home-made and silly... but what fun is doing a serious Disney?!

I think I might do this just for the fun of it. Well, I don't know. I've never been to Disneyland/world...but would the tickets include plane tickets or would they just be...tickets?

Go for it!

I think I might do this just for the fun of it. Well, I don't know. I've never been to Disneyland/world...but would the tickets include plane tickets or would they just be...tickets?

Sadly, I can't afford to pay for plane tickets. It's just the two tickets that are good for admission to the parks. I realize the impracticality of the prize though if you weren't already near or headed near one of the parks. You should enter anyway though! Only one entry thus far so your odds are 50/50 if you enter now! Look forward to hearing what you come up with!

Oh, what do I see here??? What an awesome contest!!! But today it's the first time that I see it, so I don't know if I'll do it till the 28th... hopefully!!! I DO LOVE Disney (okay, I'm a girl, which girl doesn't like disney... ;) ) Disney gave me some sort of a romantic view for love... too romantic? hopefully not!

Ok, taping is finished. Finished the last little bit in my half bath (good acoustics). I promised my husband I would clean the downstairs before doing the video. Ha! Between the costumes and set-changes and not cleaning up after dinner so we could work on this, things are a bit out of sorts!

I AM DONE!!

I enlisted the skills of the Lucky 7 to help me with this one! And boy did we have a good time!
My video editor was not working, so me and Windows Movie Maker became fast friends
(so excuse the transitions and the sound equilization at times)

I may have to do an out-take reel/ behind the scenes version as well because this was such a funny journey to this video!
A lot of mis-said words, 1 spontaneous break-down, funny lighting issues, and try saying "Weird Glows Gleam" 5 times fast (maybe you can do it... I had some issues just saying it once)!

So... without further ado... I present:

THE HAUNTED MANSION
Grim Grinning Ghosts

(and the video is about as long as the ride itself... but totally worth it!)

Here goes!

EDIT: It appears I messed up and didn't post it as a video response, anyone know how I can change this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom