Wanted: Bridge pins!

haole

Reaction score
In what scientists are calling "impossibly stupid," I managed to break one of my KoAloha tenor's bridge pins while changing strings. :confused:

And I can't really justify buying a set of six bridge pins and paying five bucks in shipping just to replace one.

The originals are ivoroid with abalone dots; they look a lot like these, except for some reason they're slotted all the way through. They actually have two separate prongs on the bottom (like old-fashioned clothes pins), and one of them snapped off. I don't think that it matters much either way. I have some old guitar pins that are too thin to sit properly in the bridge; the ones in the uke are between .200" and .210" wide at the point right below the little collar thing.

If you have any spare bridge pins laying around that you'd be willing to part with, please let me know! I'm not too picky about color/material as long as they all match. ;) A matched set? A single one that looks like the one I broke? It's all good. Not looking for a handout; I'll pay!

Thanks in advance!

Good idea; I just shot Brian an e-mail. I'd be surprised if they still have any kicking around since they haven't really built a uke with bridge pins since 2002, but I'm sure he'll know where I can find a suitable replacement.

ok i know how to fix your probem.. listen very closely... send me your koaloha and buy yourself another one :D

Ahh, no wonder. I emailed info@koaloha and I guess he doesn't check that one as often as his personal one. Thanks!

Top Bottom