And yet, another Pineapple Sunday on ebay

Wow, that one looks almost identical to my blonde one. I'm not biting this time...I'm either keeping Tigeralum2001's or keeping my blonde one.

That is a steal though at that low bid, I am curious to see what the auction's final price is. I was planning on selling my blonde one for $900 so this should be interesting. :)

I think the seller is severely underestimating shipping though. Priority for $25 is impossible. Priority was $57 on mine. He might have been better off doing FedEx or UPS ground, as the FedEx ground cost about that much.

Good luck to both the seller and any bidders, hopefully the Pineapple Sunday will find a happy home soon. I know I cannot take in any more stray PS ukuleles!

Last edited:
Very pretty. So the Pineapple Sunday is soprano voiced, has a concert body and tenor fretboard? Or is it just a unique sound, style?

:)She said - "I think the seller is severely underestimating shipping though. Priority for $25 is impossible. Priority was $57 on mine. He might have been better off doing FedEx or UPS ground, as the FedEx ground cost about that much."

Actually the seller is a pretty savvy seller. Low shipping fees or better yet "Free Shipping" will get higher bids. It's a compromise, if the buyer lives near shipping may be less than $25. I just sold a lap steel on ebay that had 20# shipping weight. Cost me about $15 to ship Priority Mail. I gave "Free Shipping" on that one and got my "Buy It Now" price within six hours of posting the sale. Of course I included a rough estimate of what I thought the shipping might be in my asking price. It's called "salesmanship".:)

Jude

Very pretty. So the Pineapple Sunday is soprano voiced, has a concert body and tenor fretboard? Or is it just a unique sound, style?

I don't think it's soprano voiced. It has a unique sound. To me it has some mandolin and resonator uke sounds in it.

:)She said - "I think the seller is severely underestimating shipping though. Priority for $25 is impossible. Priority was $57 on mine. He might have been better off doing FedEx or UPS ground, as the FedEx ground cost about that much."

Actually the seller is a pretty savvy seller. Low shipping fees or better yet "Free Shipping" will get higher bids. It's a compromise, if the buyer lives near shipping may be less than $25. I just sold a lap steel on ebay that had 20# shipping weight. Cost me about $15 to ship Priority Mail. I gave "Free Shipping" on that one and got my "Buy It Now" price within six hours of posting the sale. Of course I included a rough estimate of what I thought the shipping might be in my asking price. It's called "salesmanship".:)

Jude

True enough Jude, and I agree, I offer free shipping sometimes on my ebay auctions, particularly in buy it now. I agree with you that will attract more bidders, I just wouldn't have done it necessarily by priority mail. I never said he or she was a bad salesman, only that the shipping on a Pineapple Sunday can be in the $50s by priority mail, and in the $20s or $30s by FedEx ground. They are a good salesperson, but probably going to end up eating some of that priority mail cost if it is going any distance at all. I'm just going by the last two pineapple sundays that I know of sent priority -- one was about $57 and the other was $54 or $59 (I don't remember the exact amount, only that it was over $50).

I certainly plan on offering free shipping when I do my buy it now option on UU or ebay for my pineapple sunday, but I don't think it will end up costing me $25. I didn't necessarily say they were not going to be paying part of that shipping as a bargaining/selling tool, I just said it would probably not be $25. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom