Aldrine Guerrero rocks!

Kanaka916

Reaction score
Found this short review on Tripadvisor.com about the Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort;

Aldrine Guerrero rocks! We listened to some great entertainment at the Tahitian Bar & Grill but the band K-town Heroes with Aldrine Guerrero was AMAZING!!! We heard him our last night and I could not believe my ears! He is not your typical ukulele player playing hawaiian tunes- he is truly an artist! Aldrine writes and sings his own songs like "Red & Silky" "Schizophrenic Snowflakes" and he also does cover songs with their own twist- like "Breezin" where he plays so smooth but then after 4 minutes, he is jamming, rockin' on his ukulele, I have never seen anyone play the ukulele so fast and furious and accurately amazing! Love how he sings "Sunday Morning", "Let's get it on", "Summer Breeze", "I'm yours" the list goes on. I was so impressed that I searched YouTube and found him there and he also has a site called UkuleleUnderground.com to help teach others ukulele. I saw that he was doing a show in the Bay Area and went to that last night and it was amazing to listen to him play again. He has a great sense of humor, easy going, great aloha spirit. It was a Thursday night when he was at WBR and he was there the Thursday night before but I'd call the resort or the Tahitian Bar & Grill to see when he is performing because Aldrine Guerrero is not to be missed!!!

He deserves every word of it! UU Rocks!

It is a very good show. My mom was not a big fan of the ukulele but she really enjoyed it. I know she wants to try to see K Town perform again when we return to Kauai in April.

I didn't realize Trip Advisor would allow people to write reviews of themselves...

KIDDING! Aldrine does indeed rock - and everything he's given back to the uke community with his lessons and with the rest of the Admin team here at UU is incredibly generous and valuable to untalented hacks like me!

Adrian who...?

He is not your typical ukulele player playing hawaiian tunes- he is truly an artist!
Unlike those who play Hawaiian tunes? Hmmmm....

Seriously, Aldrine makes his uke part of him when he plays, using the entire dynamic range, all with a serene smile that goes right to the heart of the listener. It is truly amazing what can come out of his instrument. His contribution to the uke world cannot be measured.

:agree:I'll drink to that....somebody hand me that MaiTai before it evaporates like this one did!:shaka:

He is amazing! In lots of ways.

No, Aldrine -- I haven't forgotten the Beatles albums.

Aldrine's 'Summer Breeze' was one of the first songs I learned on uke.

I'm glad he finds time to make videos to show eejits like me how to play. :)

Aldrine's 'Summer Breeze' was one of the first songs I learned on uke.

I'm glad he finds time to make videos to show eejits like me how to play. :)

Aldrine's summer breeze was THE first song I learned on uke (if you don't count Perfect Together). But I learned it with three simple chords on his intro I am Hawaii lesson.

Aldrine's summer breeze was THE first song I learned on uke (if you don't count Perfect Together). But I learned it with three simple chords on his intro I am Hawaii lesson.

Aldrine's summer breeze wasn't the first song I learned on ukulele, but it was the first video of his I've seen & was what really got me interested in getting serious about ukulele & following Aldrine.

Top Bottom