E7 chord mystery???

ukope

Reaction score
I expect there's a simple answer to this but I wonder if this is a mistake. I have the " Hal Leonard Ukulele Method Book 2"
In it the E7 chord is 4445 but in my chord chart that I down loaded from "Pa Mele O Hokulea Ukulele Academy" it shows 1202.
They are both E7 are they both correct ? as they sound different. When I see E7 over a Tab which one do I play??
Thanks

Last edited:
4443 is definitely not an E7. 1202 is.

Hey Ukope,
E7 is 1202. There are alternate fingering for E7. Are you sure your book says 4443? Another altenate E7 chord can be 4445. To find alternate chords for other notes, try using this:

http://ohanaarts.com/UkuleleChord.html

Just make sure the "tenor c" off to the right side of the screen is highlightened in white, you can either use the on screen keyboard for the note you want to find the fingering for or just mark the position on the fretboard for each string and it should tell you what chord you just made. Hope this helps.

Here are some other E7 inversions:
4242, 4445, 7877,

Sounds like a typo, in fact, unless I'm just a bit too bleary eyed at the end of the day, there's not even an E to be found in that chord.

Ok piano players and those not failing at very basic theory. My head isn't working, because Eb, Ab, Bb, C - is nooothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies
.Well spotted I should have put 4445 I'll edit it in a mo.The Chord link is just what I needed, thanks for that.
I used to play classical guitar years ago but I had nothing to do with chords. I read off of sheet music that had Arpeggiosetc but no chord names/shapes.
It's a whole new world with my Soprano but I must get something bigger.
Thanks again..

Top Bottom