The most difficult chord shape.

ukope

Reaction score
To save me waiting until I stumble upon it.
Can someone tell me what is considered the most difficult chord shape to fret. I want to get a larger Uke than my Soprano and my reasoning is that, if I can fret this chord on say a Tenor then I should be ok but if I cant then maybe a Concert would be better.
Does this make any sense to anyone other than me ??.

Fmaj7 first position for me! (2413)

John

Hi ,we share the same first name.
I can do it on my Soprano but it's a hell of a stretch on the Guitar,I can get my fingers on the spaces but not close to the frets, cue buzzing sounds :).
I will be interested to try it on the Tenor though.Thing is I guess that it needs to be done quick, that will push the boundaries.
Thanks
John again

I have no problem with fingering the chord, it's just getting there quickly from another. I been trying to get my head and fingers to think about if firstly as an F then getting the third and forth fingers into position, still struggling with that pinky though. I nearly always end up resorting to 5500.

Chord shapes have different difficulty for every person.

I can't nail an E to save my life, but have no problems with Bb

Hi JohnCaudrey,
I've just been looking at your site ,very nice! I also looked at the Ken Middleton 10 min improvisation. A question, is he using the same Ohana Concert that you have listed the 35G ??. It has a very nice sound to it, also is he playing it with a low G ?
You will realise I'm not very familiar with Ukuleles, my Daughter gave me my Soprano for Christmas but I think it cost about £20 hence I want to get something more serious.I'm hoping to have a look around this weekend.
Regards
John

Hi JohnCaudrey,
I've just been looking at your site ,very nice! I also looked at the Ken Middleton 10 min improvisation. A question, is he using the same Ohana Concert that you have listed the 35G ??. It has a very nice sound to it, also is he playing it with a low G ?

Hi John

I am pretty certain Ken is playing a TK-35CG Tenor (C=with cutaway) mine is a Concert CK35G (the G means gloss finish). He is playing with high G tuning.
If you are thinking about buying an Ohana send Ken a PM he posts on here regularly and works for Ohana so knows everything there is to know about them.
Cheers
John

Top Bottom