View Full Version : LOST - The Final Season

seeso
02-02-2010, 08:25 AM
OMG THE FINAL SEASON BEGINS TONIGHT.

Discuss.

http://imgur.com/9Kjp4.jpg

dnewton2
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Will there be any answers of significance this season? Better be. I love this show but man, it seem like they present three new mysteries/questions and answer one. The first episode should be pretty good with the whole H bomb thing.

I love watching the episodes where they have the "pop up video" with all these random things that most normal people would never notice. "The song playing at Sun and Jins wedding was the same song playing when Charlie was getting high in Season 2 Episode 3" (made this up but it is stuff like this) I mean seriously?

Ahnko Honu
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Unrelated but related, some of the cast from LOST were renting a house about 6 houses up from mine. Used to see Michelle Rodriguez and that blonde gal (don't watch so don't know name) jogging down my street regularly. These two used to get drunk quite regularly. Anyways that house burned down and rumor was someone smoking pakalolo in bed was responsible for the mishap.

Swampy Steve
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Im gonna watch it, but they have been dragging it out.

Lori
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I am looking forward to the last season too. I had been watching in HD on my computer from the ABC website for the last few seasons (old tube TV crops the picture too much), but we finally got an HD TV, so now I can really get the full effect. It seems like they have put a lot of time and planning into the plot, so I am hoping for some really reasonable answers to the big mysteries. It's been a fun series so far, and could be a Classic if they can resolve it properly. Here's hoping!
–Lori

Melissa82
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I've never watched it.

If I started watching it, would I be confused?

Swampy Steve
02-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I've never watched it.

I bet it would be tough to catch up ,I may be worth waiting til its all over then rent it in its entirety.
Steve

Ukulele JJ
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Agreed. You would be hopelessly confused. And even if you weren't, you really don't want to miss out on the fun of watching it all unfold from the beginning.

Start with the two-part pilot episode. See how you like it. They're all up on Hulu now. If you really get gung-ho, you'll be caught up in time for the series finale!

As far as tonight's episode goes, my official statement is: WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait! :-)

JJ

luke'nlele
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Did anybody happen to catch the commercial for LOST that was running a few weeks ago? Willie Nelson is singing the words to Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.

...I once was LOST

Too funny!

Ukulele JJ
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
And then there's this, from the Onion:

Final Season of "Lost" Promises to Make Fans More Annoying Than Ever (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to)

JJ

Lori
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I've never watched it.

YES

It will probably make more sense to you to rent the whole thing, and watch it without the big breaks between seasons. It's those months between seasons that make lot of the details get fuzzy. And there is a lot to keep track of.
–Lori

seeso
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Holy cannoli. LESS THAN AN HOUR.

Yes, I am being annoying.

wickedwahine11
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
It is the only show that my action fan, sci fi geek of a spouse likes as much as this romantic comedy and drama fan. We still don't agree over who is better -- Jack or Sawyer (I'm a fan of that snarky bad boy Han Solo thing that Sawyer has going on), but at least we both love Hurley.

But shhh, it is a secret. Spouse is out of town for a couple of days so I'm supposed to let the DVR tape it so we can watch it together this weekend. Nope, I'm watching it live tonight. I waited toooooooo long for this to wait until this weekend. But something tells me I may be getting cheated on too and a tv in a San Diego hotel room might get tuned to ABC tonight so my honey can see it early as well.

pdxuke
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Will there be any answers of significance this season? Better be. I love this show but man, it seem like they present three new mysteries/questions and answer one.

I was a writer on Nash Bridges with both Damon and Carlton, two writer/producers responsible for LOST. Can you tell that Damon's favorite TV shows were X-Files and Survivor? LOLZ

Melissa82
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I like this recap. It's makes it easier for people like me who only seen like, 2 episodes, lol.

lisaxy424
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm totally ready for it to be over...

Let the flogging BEGIN! :D

MisoHappy
02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Love love love love love this show. I would be watching every episode if I weren't so busy. Haven't watched a single episode since the middle of season 2.....BUT I WILL watch every single one when I get the chance.

you know da yellow cabins n the swingset n the picnic table? I went camp there! Camp Erdman foduhwin

Ukulele JJ
02-03-2010, 03:34 AM
you know da yellow cabins n the swingset n the picnic table? I went camp there! Camp Erdman foduhwin

I always thought that was a set that was built for the show. It's a real place? Cool!

JJ

UKISOCIETY
02-03-2010, 04:21 AM
I needs a flow chart for this show. Well, after last night, I guess 2 flow charts!

(no spoilers!)

seeso
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM

Too cool! You lived in New Otherton.

Swampy Steve
02-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I was kinda so-so after waiting so long for new shows,,, but IT WAS WORTH IT!!!! the recap , made me remember things that I had completely forgot, I have a memory problem at times.
But the show rocked. Its back on my list of top 5 fav shows, 24 being in the 1st spot.
Steve

EDW
02-03-2010, 06:02 AM
I've never watched it.

I think even if you watched it all the time you would be confused!

Ronnie Aloha
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
I've never watched it.

Even if you had been watching you'd still be confused. That's the reason peeps were getting turned off by the show.

MisoHappy
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I always thought that was a set that was built for the show. It's a real place? Cool!

JJ

haha yeah, the whole thing was filmed on the North Shore. They even let us take sit on the swing.

Daphulele
05-21-2010, 09:42 PM
omg... no one's talked about this since February! The FINALE! THIS WEEKEND! OMG YOU GUYS! lol

I wrote a Farewell to Lost song today, but I can't sing it. :( Because I suck and it ends up being too high for me. I can play it though, and wrote out the chords... anyone feel like a collab? lol

Ukulele JJ
05-22-2010, 05:32 AM
A summary of my thoughts concerning the upcoming "Lost" finale. Ahem.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg.

JJ

seeso
05-22-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't have any predictions, other than I'm really going to miss this show...

dnewton2
05-24-2010, 02:27 AM
Well what does everyone think. I am still processing everything and have a few question sthat will never get answered. Pretty good ending I guess, not really sure what I was expecting. I will miss the show for sure.

Ukulele JJ
05-24-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm still in "processing" mode too, but so far my thoughts are that it was... good.

It wrapped everything up, gave everyone a fitting send-off, and gave us viewers a final "whoa" moment (which makes me eager to watch season 6 all over again). I wasn't blown away, but I was satisfied.

I think part of the problem was that a lot of the "big" questions had already been answered and resolved during the course of this last season. There really wasn't much left to fill the final episode up with but a sort of "mopping up". It's tough to do that for two-and-a-half hours and still make compelling TV.

In the end, it wasn't nearly the best "Lost" episode, but it didn't suck either. There's sort of a hippocratic oath for finales that they should, above all else, do no harm. On that count, it succeeded. Not all finales do (I'm talking to you, Battlestar Galactica!)

JJ

luke'nlele
05-24-2010, 04:00 AM
SPOILER ALERT

Well, true to form, it was confusing right up until the last few moments. But, when Christian told Jack that they had all died but had made this place so that they could all find each other and move on together because nobody does it alone... now that was a cool ending. And, so many heartwrenching scenes ...between James and Juliettte, Hurly and Jack, Jin and Sun... And, the scenes with Ben and Hurley and Ben and John, and Ben not going with the group because he still had some thing to work out...Yeah, it was a good ending. It seems that there will always be a disturbing number of details with no clear explanation, but a good ending none the less.

UKISOCIETY
05-24-2010, 05:00 AM
My thoughts on the final 5 minutes: Feh.

Possible spoiler:

Will somebody explain Aaron to me? He's 4 years old when Kate leaves for the Island again. But then he's with Claire as a baby at "the other place"???? WTH?

The ending would have been more satisfying to me if they had NOT wrapped it all up so completely. There's so much to hate about it, I can't mention it all here because it'd be Spoiler City.
I disliked the end so much, it makes me want to spit!

UkeNukem
05-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I have been back and forth on Lost. I liked it then began getting very annoyed how the viewers would get "set up" then jerked around to another sub-sub-sub plot. Anyway, it is one of the best shows ever and the cast meshed very well. This is what came to me on how Lost can be explained.

Take a 30 ft length of white string (represents time), a 10 ft length of green string (the Island), add a bunch of 3 ft strings in various colors (representing the characters) OK then put this in a dryer for SIX YEARS. When you take it out you have a giant ball of mixed up colored strings. For the ending you just cut 6 inch pieces of the strings for the major characters, tie a couple together here and there (the couples) and lay out all these in the shape of a heart.

That's how much real sense the show plot makes!

Deets
06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I have been back and forth on Lost. I liked it then began getting very annoyed how the viewers would get "set up" then jerked around to another sub-sub-sub plot. Anyway, it is one of the best shows ever and the cast meshed very well. This is what came to me on how Lost can be explained.

Take a 30 ft length of white string (represents time), a 10 ft length of green string (the Island), add a bunch of 3 ft strings in various colors (representing the characters) OK then put this in a dryer for SIX YEARS. When you take it out you have a giant ball of mixed up colored strings. For the ending you just cut 6 inch pieces of the strings for the major characters, tie a couple together here and there (the couples) and lay out all these in the shape of a heart.

That's how much real sense the show plot makes!

PERFECT analogy.

dnewton2
06-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Did anyone catch the encore Saturday night, it was only like 2 hours since they cut some of the commercials out. It had the pop up video thing going, except for the last 20 minutes or so. I watched it all agian hoping to gain some insite at the end, but no new info.

Ukulele JJ
08-25-2010, 02:55 AM
We still disagree about who is better - Jack or Sawyer (I am a fan of snarky bad boy Sawyer Han Solo what is happening.

The correct answer is: Neither.

Hurley is da man! :-)

JJ

P.S. Runner up is Lapidus...

seeso
08-25-2010, 05:38 AM
There has been new info. A leak of the epilogue can be found online. They answer more questions.

kevinfutures
09-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I have seen this movie yesterday.I like very much this movie.This was one wildly entertaining film.Good action,good acting,a decent story and some unique cinematography with a bit of humour thrown in.It is very enjoyable rental.