Best new ukin' shirt!

StereoJoker

Reaction score
Mr. John Allison, British webcartoonist of the now-defunct Bobbins and Scary-Go-Round, and now the new Bad Machinery, has designed a t-shirt that has absolutely nothing to do with his comics, but has absolutely everything to do with the socially-conscious ukulele-player!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I introduce to you...

The Ukes Not Nukes shirt!
sgr-ukes.png

I've preordered mine, because it is just excellent.

As an old environmentalist and peace activist, that's my new slogan! Just great!

Love the sentiment, but the graphics....not so much. Sorry, can't see myself wearing that.

I think the graphics need a little more work. I do like the idea tho

I think the graphics need a little more work. I do like the idea tho

Yeah, I get what you mean. I would have probably used streamlined, graffiti-style graphics if I designed the shirt. I personally am a big fan of John's simplistic, whimsical illustration style, so I instantly jumped on this one. (Then again, I think my brain is permanently set on Five-Year-Old-Child-Mode; it's a wonder why I don't prance around everywhere with a red cowboy hat and Lion King pajamas :eek:.)

"it's a wonder why I don't prance around everywhere with a red cowboy hat and Lion King pajamas .)"

I love the image this conjures up! I'd love to see every adult on the planet do this for a week! We could allow a variety of hats & jammies, but everyone has to prance!

I like it.

but it seems a little dangerous letting intercontinental ballistic missiles wander around willynilly playing the uke with a bird snackin on grapes perched on its head... what if it trips... KaBoom? And that bird is poised to poop on that uke real good... I find that too much fruit can have a laxative affect. And looks like ICBMs only have hands... that might make strumming difficult... I recommend that they stick to picking... and what chord shape is that? I guess its just muting the strings. Its either just holding the uke for the picture or playing a picking song with extensive muted notes... like parts of the Twilight Zone theme... the irony of a "peace nuke" leads me to believe that it's playing the Twilight Zone theme song.

Aw, that bird ain't snackin' on grapes; it's supposed to be an olive branch or somethin' I think. No bird poops there to be settin' off any booms.

And I'm pretty sure the ukin' nuke is playing an A chord... A for AWESOME.

Aw, that bird ain't snackin' on grapes; it's supposed to be an olive branch or somethin' I think. No bird poops there to be settin' off any booms.

And I'm pretty sure the ukin' nuke is playing an A chord... A for AWESOME.

hehe... yeah, i was kidding. it's probably a dove with an olive branch.

Why can't we have both Uke's and Nuke's and show the world that objects from both sides of the tracks can get along? That is real brotherhood!

That get-up would go great with a Mainland's rope binding BTW... Just sayin'... :nana:

In that case, I should switch to Toy Story jammies and affix a tiny bandana to the uke's headstock for extra camp.

Or, no, wait, maybe one of these instead:

fluke.png

I figured as much... joking is hard... but some can do it in stereo!:D

...that... that was the best thing... ever. I can't top that.

Top Bottom