PDA

View Full Version : Best new ukin' shirt!

StereoJoker
02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Mr. John Allison, British webcartoonist of the now-defunct Bobbins and Scary-Go-Round, and now the new Bad Machinery, has designed a t-shirt that has absolutely nothing to do with his comics, but has absolutely everything to do with the socially-conscious ukulele-player!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I introduce to you...

The Ukes Not Nukes shirt! (http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/ukes-not-nukes-shirt)
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/reversedink/Forum%20Items/sgr-ukes.png

I've preordered mine, because it is just excellent.

whetu
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Preordered. That would sell a lot in NZ, we kiwis have a history of thumbing our noses at nukes :)

bunnyflower
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I love that!! So many things for the wishlist.. :)

bonden
02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
As an old environmentalist and peace activist, that's my new slogan! Just great!

mealfrog41
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd rock that shirt... Link?

mailman
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Love the sentiment, but the graphics....not so much. Sorry, can't see myself wearing that.

StereoJoker
02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I'd rock that shirt... Link?

Direct Link: http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/ukes-not-nukes-shirt

pithaya9
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I think the graphics need a little more work. I do like the idea tho

StereoJoker
02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I think the graphics need a little more work. I do like the idea tho

Yeah, I get what you mean. I would have probably used streamlined, graffiti-style graphics if I designed the shirt. I personally am a big fan of John's simplistic, whimsical illustration style, so I instantly jumped on this one. (Then again, I think my brain is permanently set on Five-Year-Old-Child-Mode; it's a wonder why I don't prance around everywhere with a red cowboy hat and Lion King pajamas :o.)

J'Ukebox
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
"it's a wonder why I don't prance around everywhere with a red cowboy hat and Lion King pajamas .)"

I love the image this conjures up! I'd love to see every adult on the planet do this for a week! We could allow a variety of hats & jammies, but everyone has to prance!

jinny
02-03-2010, 01:45 AM
I like it.

but it seems a little dangerous letting intercontinental ballistic missiles wander around willynilly playing the uke with a bird snackin on grapes perched on its head... what if it trips... KaBoom? And that bird is poised to poop on that uke real good... I find that too much fruit can have a laxative affect. And looks like ICBMs only have hands... that might make strumming difficult... I recommend that they stick to picking... and what chord shape is that? I guess its just muting the strings. Its either just holding the uke for the picture or playing a picking song with extensive muted notes... like parts of the Twilight Zone theme... the irony of a "peace nuke" leads me to believe that it's playing the Twilight Zone theme song.

StereoJoker
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Aw, that bird ain't snackin' on grapes; it's supposed to be an olive branch or somethin' I think. No bird poops there to be settin' off any booms.

And I'm pretty sure the ukin' nuke is playing an A chord... A for AWESOME.

jinny
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Aw, that bird ain't snackin' on grapes; it's supposed to be an olive branch or somethin' I think. No bird poops there to be settin' off any booms.

And I'm pretty sure the ukin' nuke is playing an A chord... A for AWESOME.

hehe... yeah, i was kidding. it's probably a dove with an olive branch.

Mouthy1
02-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Why can't we have both Uke's and Nuke's and show the world that objects from both sides of the tracks can get along? That is real brotherhood!

rock_and_roll_camera
02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm getting me one of them!...

StereoJoker
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
hehe... yeah, i was kidding. it's probably a dove with an olive branch.

I know, I know. I felt like busting on that (hence the A for Awesome). Joking on the Interwebs is hard!

ukecantdothat
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
...it's a wonder why I don't prance around everywhere with a red cowboy hat and Lion King pajamas :o.)
That get-up would go great with a Mainland's rope binding BTW... Just sayin'... :nana:

jinny
02-06-2010, 04:22 AM
I know, I know. I felt like busting on that (hence the A for Awesome). Joking on the Interwebs is hard!

I figured as much... joking is hard... but some can do it in stereo!:D

Monkeyswithladders
02-06-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm definitely pre-ordering one of these as soon as I get home.

StereoJoker
02-06-2010, 08:53 AM
That get-up would go great with a Mainland's rope binding BTW... Just sayin'... :nana:

In that case, I should switch to Toy Story jammies and affix a tiny bandana to the uke's headstock for extra camp.

Or, no, wait, maybe one of these instead:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/reversedink/Forum%20Items/fluke.png

I figured as much... joking is hard... but some can do it in stereo!:D

...that... that was the best thing... ever. I can't top that.