So...tempting...must...hide....... debit card.......

Looks sweet. Probably doesn't sound too awesome, but it definitely looks cool. Depending on the price, it may be worth having :D

I love KISS, but I can't bring myself to love that uke.

Still, it might be fun to try and arrange Hard Luck Woman for that thing.

UIC10BK.jpg

Hm. I'm torn. I kind of like it, but I kind of don't.

I have a general dislike of Ibanez, so I probably wouldn't buy it. It's interesting though.

I admit, being Ibanez is off-putting, but a Heavy metal looking uke is hard to ignore.

I admit, being Ibanez is off-putting, but a Heavy metal looking uke is hard to ignore.

I have an Ibanez acoustic guitar, and it's not a bad instrument. A heavy metal uke would be fun, but it wouldn't be my first pick. The wood on the spalted mango is lovely, though.

It looks fun! That is what it is supposed to look like. I like different styles, and different sounds. This one has a cool rock-star look.
I think waiting a bit...like ...uh, five minutes...may be a good idea. Go with your inner child and go for it; it makes it more fun ( unless you have starving children.) Hey, I ordered a blue Luna; I liked the dolphins swimming in a sea of birght blue maple. I think it is pretty.

I have an Ibanez acoustic guitar, and it's not a bad instrument. A heavy metal uke would be fun, but it wouldn't be my first pick. The wood on the spalted mango is lovely, though.

I didn't mean to bash Ibanez overall, but they just started getting into the uke market, so I'm just a little weary.

I have an Ibanez UEW20SG, it is beautiful, seemingly well made and sounds OK, not great, I think I like the Iceman uke, don't care for the Iceman guitars. This could be a cool uke, should be electric and should also be made in tenor size. An Iceman uke tenor size, in spalted mango, and electric, I'll buy.

The store I work at has some Ibanez ukes and I'm not too crazy about them. That being said, I put in an order for one of these (through work) about a week ago. Street price will be $150 and I've been told it's about 1-2 months out.

The store I work at has some Ibanez ukes and I'm not too crazy about them. That being said, I put in an order for one of these (through work) about a week ago. Street price will be $150 and I've been told it's about 1-2 months out.

You'll have to give us an update when you get it. I do like that body a lot. But I have never handled an Ibanez I thought was worth the money.

Looks sweet. Probably doesn't sound too awesome, but it definitely looks cool. Depending on the price, it may be worth having :D

+1.

I almost bought an Iceman back when I was a bit more of a guitar freak. I bet it looks good, but might not sound so good; seriously, look at that horn! If anyone ends up buying this I would love a review, lol.

I'm really more of a natural wood kind of guy...so I'm not a huge fan...but hey! If it you like it then awesome! Everyone has different tastes.

Not sure about the Ibanez.

I bought one of these last year. Tunes up as a uke real nice.

It totally rocks for when you want to do a Bob Dylan (and "go electric").

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=101&CollectionID=11

Not to steer the thread off into a ditch, but I was wondering - what makes Epiphone call this an electric mandoliln rather than an electric uke? Are there actually eight strings on it that you can't see in the photo, is it tuned differently. or is it something about the instrument's dimensions? Or is it that Epiphone just hates ukuleles? :)

Top Bottom