Straps – Colors or Patterns –Please Vote!

Vote for your favorite strap color

• Black

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Brown

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Silver/ Grey

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Green

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Red

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Tan

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Pattern or Stripe

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a project that I would like your help on. Hopefully, by the end of the week or early next week I will post all the details. But for now, I need your input on your preferences for color for a 1/2 inch (13 mm) wide ukulele strap. So, when buying a strap for your uke, what color would you choose? Do you like solid colors or patterns? If you would like a pattern, what kind of design would you want to see? Remember, it is only one half inch wide. Thanks

–Lori

If it's solid color, I'd get orange, as that's my favorite color.

For patterns, if they're strictly for ukes, I'd go with something Hawaiian-looking. Honu, poi, tikis... that sort of thing.

I enjoy my Rasta colored strap...it makes me happy mon

I like brown leather with some kind of simple design like tropical leaves or bottles of rum.

I like the pattern...something tropical like tikis, surf boards, palm trees etc.

Personally, I chose a musical note pattern for my acoustics, and a bright western pattern for my electric CBU...just me I guess! I like the ones from http://www.guitarstrapsonline.com/
Check out the ones for the mandolins...a little pricey, true but well made and comfortable to wear!

let me guess! The project is a strap for your ukulele! ;o) I think lightning bolt would be cool - Rivers Cuomo from Weezer had one for his guitar - would be fun to have one for a uke!

I've been making my own straps from 1" grosgrain ribbon and polyester webbing. All of those (so far) are striped.

I made a couple out of 1.5" canvas web belts (peace signs & hearts, skulls & stars), but they were heavier than I wanted.

You just can't go wrong with pink flamingoes. You get the pink AND the flamingoes. Well, I'd want one.

I don't use uke straps but here's the one on my Taylor
9378791cv1a.jpg

I go for a Brown strap to blend in. I prefer Neoprene to leather and if these are exclusively for ukuleles why not put a ukulele outline on it or 4 strings with notes.

Never had a uke strap, but nothing against them. If choosing, I'd opt for a pattern. Not so much a Hawaiian theme, but more musical or whimsical....

The idea of guys named Will owning tangerine-colored Fenders is absolutely preposterous.

Wait.

IMG_1422.jpg

I'm definitely more into patterns than solid colors. Tropical is neat, but risks becoming too common.

Top Bottom