PDA

View Full Version : Southern Indiana Area

trizzle333
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone! I've recently seen things concerning the Ukulele World Congress, and the Bushman Ukulele Luau, and ukulele clubs and get-togethers from Chicago to Cincinatti and it makes me think that this area has a somewhat active, if spread out ukulele culture. I'm currently in Greencastle, IN, and it makes me sad to think that I've missed some of these gatherings. Is there any specific place to check about organized gatherings in this area? Either way, I'm not opposed to the idea of having more of these types of ukulele congregation in the area.

hoosierhiver
02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Be sure you don't miss the UWC this year (June 4, 5, 6th). Geoff Davis of Indianapolis used to have workshops in Indy sometimes, you can find him online by googling "the keystrummers"

ukeyermind
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah, you can find Geoff Davis on Facebook, too. He runs the Blue Stone Folk School in Noblesville and hosts porch jams when weather is nice. Really, do come to the UWC in June. Just make a day trip of it on Saturday if you don't want to make a big commitment - UkeIndy and I would love to meet you, and I think there's at least 1 other Circle City uker making the drive.

jasnrocks
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm in Indy if anyone wants to meet up and jam.

hoosierhiver
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
We might have to host a jam at the Mainland shop soon.

kilaana
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Another Indy uke player here, checkin' in!

Mike, I think a jam session at the Mainland Shop is a fine idea! (Although it will be verrrry tempting to buy another uke...)

Ukulelerob
02-03-2010, 10:06 AM
We might have to host a jam at the Mainland shop soon.

Just tell me when Mike.

HoboUke
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm in southern Indiana (just across from Louisville, KY) if any of you are ever passing thru, give me a shout. Always up for some pickin' or even talking Ukes with others passing thru.

~Sam