Ukulele Repair.. Crack

Expired

Reaction score
Is that your brand new uke? Did it come like that or did you have an accident? Bummer...

Ya, it came like that.. :/
Inspected it right when I opened the package and noticed that, with a few other minor details.

Can you return this uke? If I were you, I would definitely do that immediately. If you're really really in love with it, you should ask the seller to pay for the repair. I still vote for sending it back.

By the way, what is it?

Yeah, dude. Send that bad boy back! Investing in a new instrument shouldn't include feeling like it needs a repair right out of the box.

It's a Lanikai Spalted Mango Concert. I'm not sure if the seller takes returns as I bought it off ebay. I'll ask though.
If he doesn't how much do you think a repair would cost?

Guy called me up and was real nice. He said when he looked at it he did notice it and that was the "finish flaw" that he listed. Said it's just a small crack where the glue didn't fully seal, and isn't anything major.
I can either return it or get $25 refunded to me. What do you think?

Depends on how much it bothers you, and what kind of deal you got in the first place,

If the price was real good, and you love the uke otherwise, take the $25 and enjoy the uke.

If you paid top dollar, or if the uke doesn't really "speak" to you, send it back. Get a refund and start shopping again.

All a matter of perception....

$255 with shipping, it's a factory second. I think I'm going to send it back..
I feel like this crack will bother me forever.. Other than that this uke is beautifulllllll.

Try musicguymic on ebay. He's a member here and in many other forums, and pretty much one of the top ukulele go-to guys. He wouldn't purposefully sell you a bad uke.

That's more than a finish flaw, and it wasn't disclosed. You can always keep it and it's not a huge repair, but I would I return it.

Try musicguymic on ebay. He's a member here and in many other forums, and pretty much one of the top ukulele go-to guys. He wouldn't purposefully sell you a bad uke.

That was a factory second uke and that would be a finish flaw, just a little worse flaw than I'd want. Most sellers will tell you about defects before you buy it. I'd still be mad though. Did you ask for pictures of the finished flaw before you won? I'd still send it back and start looking again.

$255 with shipping, it's a factory second. I think I'm going to send it back..
I feel like this crack will bother me forever.. Other than that this uke is beautifulllllll.

The only disadvanage of buying factory seconds without seeing the defect is you never know how much it is going to bother you.

Nah, I didn't ask for pictures. I assumed it was more of a scuff than a crack when he described it.
As much as I like it, I guess i'll keep looking.

I would consider that more than a finish flaw. Mine came with a tiny little bump in the binding, that is a finish flaw.

That is a photo of a crack.

But that's JMHO.

Top Bottom