Bizarro Pineapple?

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Found this pineapple from Bizarro World on eBay, looks sorta like a coffin. Relatively cheap still. Won't ship to Hawai'i but I'm broke anyways. Check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Ukulele-Uke...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23051704d7
pineapplecoffin.jpg

Looks like a 'ukulele that belonged to Fred Flintstone.

I really dig that body. I'm thinking about bidding.

Cooment on ebay suggests it's an adapted Wimbrola by Favilla. =WTF is a Wimbrola?

Favilla was a family-owned string instrument business in New York that started around the turn of the 20th century and lasted 'til the mid-1980s. The Wimbrola is apparently the wonky, geometrical model/shape in that eBay listing. Here's a pretty comprehensive history of Favilla, with pictures of a bunch of pretty awesome instruments they've put out. I really dig their teardrop ukuleles.

Last edited:
Thanks SJ. I actually got off my arse and set to looking that up myself. I love the look and "feel" of them too.
So I'm interested now. Favillas have a pretty good "antique" cache. Are they good instrumnts as well? AND is a chopped one like that above worth the $200-400 I see instruments going for?

AND is a chopped one like that above worth the $200-400 I see instruments going for?

I'd think the value after the chop chop would be as a player, and not as a collectable.

If it's from Bizarro World, does that mean it's tuned A-E-C-G and you have to keep yelling "I HATE UKULELE" while you're playing? Or do you just have to do lots of covers of Jason Mraz's "Me Not Yours"?

If it's from Bizarro World, does that mean it's tuned A-E-C-G and you have to keep yelling "I HATE UKULELE" while you're playing? Or do you just have to do lots of covers of Jason Mraz's "Me Not Yours"?

YAY! Someone who understood my reference to Bizarro World.

YAY! Someone who understood my reference to Bizarro World.

Being a perfectionist at heart and looking back, I realize I probably should have said "ME HATE UKULELE." I never could get the hang of Bizarro-talk. Plus, every time he shows up in an issue, it takes me twice as long to read. Frickin' Bizarro with is stupid knock-knees and angly face and...

Wait - what were we talking about?

Top Bottom